015 || romeo

Quick A/N: thank you for 100k reads!🥰

•••

"Grace can I speak to you quickly?"
I opened the door to invite Wanda in, stepping aside so she could enter.
"Sure thing"
"I, um, I have a favour to ask?"
"Shoot"
"Vis... managed to send me a message and I need to get into the communications room to reply to him" Wanda explained slowly, as if she thought I was going to scold her.
"So you're the one sending messages to Stark's compound!"
"What?"
"I overheard Sam and Steve a few days ago and Sam was convinced Natasha is still talking to Tony and is spying on us"
"Oh no - is she in trouble?"
"No, not yet, but if Sam gets his way then who knows? Steve's been becoming more unhinged recently" I frowned, "So what do you want? For me to distract everyone long enough for you to have a little chat?"
"You're not mad?"
"At your Romeo and Juliet situation? Hell no. I like Vision, I'm more worried about the captain busting our asses"
Wanda grinned and pulled me into a tight hug, "You're the best, mum"

•••

"I CHALLENGE EVERYONE IN HERE TO A GYM TOURNAMENT" I yelled, climbing on top of the kitchen counter to grab everyone's attention.
"What was that?" Steve asked, raising an eyebrow. I sent Wanda some psychic message (she told me just to think really hard) and she slipped out of the room whilst I still had everyone's attention.
"I said, I challenge all you wussies to a gym tournament. Strongest wins"
"Did she just call me a wuss?" Sam said in a shocked tone as he jumped up from his seat, "nah I'll show you - I'm in!"
I tried to suppress my smirk, knowing all I had to do is poke their insecure masculinity. Everyone else came to the same conclusion, Natasha saying something along the lines of 'let's show these men how strong we are' to Marzia.
Following behind everyone, I made sure no one strayed from the right path to the gym, smiling at my job well done.

"832, 833, 834 -"
Sam's arms finally gave in and he fell to the floor. Bucky whooped in triumph, grinning at him as he carried on doing push-ups.
"Who's the old man now?"
"Still you"
"Whatever. I beat you"
"Fuck you"
"Sorry I don't swing that way"
Steve stared at his best friends with wide eyes whilst Marzia snickered, high-fiving Pietro, "we trained him well"
"Okay, Bucky you can choose the next two to compete since you won" I grinned.
"Steve and Natasha" he smirked, "climbing the ropes"
I chuckled, knowing from experience that due to his stature, Steve struggled to climb the ropes. Nat on the other hand was nimble and flexible and could climb up the side of a skyscraper if needed.
"Okay, at the base of the ropes. And - GO!"
Natasha immediately set off, climbing the rope like a squirrel climbing a tree trunk whilst Steve struggled slightly with it swinging side from side, but made pretty fast progress nonetheless. Unsurprisingly, Nat reached the top first, a smug smirk gracing her lips as she looked down at Steve who was still climbing to the top.

•••

After I had distracted everyone successfully for about 3 hours I rushed back to the communications room to warn Wanda before anyone came back. She exited the room with a large grin on her face, looping her arm through mine.
"So?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows suggestively.
We walked into the kitchen, reaching for a snack.
"What are we soooo-ing about?" Clint inquired innocently.
"Vision" I winked, receiving a light hit from Wanda in protest.
"Ooh" Clint said, raising his eyebrows as he took a sip from a mug.
"Really?" Wanda blushed, hiding her face behind her hands.
"So... what did he say?"
"He's leaving Tony, says it doesn't feel right. He wants me to meet with him"
"Can't he just come here?" I suggested.
"Would Steve allow it though?"
"I would make him allow it"
"We might have to run - he said the UK is neutral ground"
"That's so far away!" Clint interrupted, "would you be at least taking Pietro with you?"
"Obviously"
"Well then, okay. But shouldn't we try and see if he could come here before we think of anything dramatic?" I asked, scraping my fingers through my hair.
Wanda just nodded, the smile still going strong on her face, "I'm just excited to see him"
Clint and I exchanged happy smiles, "I'm sure he's excited to see you too ... just be careful"