025 || party

•••

•••

"Happy birthday" I murmured, my head resting on Clint's chest. He chuckled, stroking his hands through my hair as we lay in comfortable silence, just enjoying the feeling of being together.
It was something I still hadn't completely become used to, despite the fact that he had retired almost 6 months ago. Sometimes I still felt like he would be snatched away on a mission again, no matter how many times I tried to remind myself that he was finished with it. I thought it must be due to habit, one that I should soon get over, and I guess at some point I would.

"I'm getting old" he groaned, his fingers moving from my hair as he ran his fingers along my back, the sensation sending tingles up my spine.
"You seem to grow hotter with age though Mr Barton" I winked, rolling so I was almost lying completely on top of him, "it suits you"
He sniggered, pushing me off so that he could get up. I pouted at the loss of contact, before getting up myself and going to pour him some coffee. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I waited until the coffee had brewed, pouring it into a mug and jumping slightly as I felt arms snake around my waist.
"Thank you" He said, kissing my neck before picking up his mug, downing the dark liquid almost instantaneously.
"We've got to drop the kids round Martha's this afternoon"
"Why?"
"I planned something for you" I smiled, turning around so I was trapped in between Clint and the kitchen counter, my hand cupping his cheek.
"I love you"
He grinned, kissing me lightly, the taste of coffee still fresh on his tongue.
"I love you too"

•••

"Surprise!"
Clint stood shocked next to me, before letting out a hearty laugh and pulled me into a hug, kissing the side of my head enthusiastically.
"You did this?"
"With minimal threatening"
Clint grinned, going over to greet the Avengers, my eyes locking on to Pietro and Wanda.
"My children!" I cheered, walking over to them with my arms open. The twins laughed and accepted my hug.
"How have you been?"
"We have been okay, it is nice to see you though" Wanda smiled, "and I love your dress!"
"Aw thank you, yours is amazing too. I wish I was that fashionable when I was younger"
Wanda giggled, slapping my arm lightly, her attention suddenly caught by vision as he entered the room.
I raised my eyebrow at Pietro who just smirked, suddenly reappearing with 2 shots.
"Whilst my sister continues giving the robot the eye, let's get drunk"
"You're underage" I tutted, taking both shots from his hands and downing them.
Pietro groaned, quickly getting another shot and downing it.
"We're from Sokovia, alcohol is in our blood" he jested.

"No pregnancy belly for me which means yay for alcohol" I grinned, waving a bottle of tequila in front of Natasha's face, my words already slightly slurred from the previous shots.
"Are you sure you wanna do that Grace? Remember the last time you got drunk?"
"Pshhhh. I'll be fine, I was gonna ask you to come drink with me but you're being a spoil sport" I frowned, moving to the dance floor and downing the bottle of tequila as I danced.
"Okay, woah there" Nat said, taking the bottle out of my hand, "let's not finish a whole bottle of spirit, you don't want to be sick"
A small growl escaped from the back of my throat, reaching for the bottle.
"Nuh uh" Nat tutted, taking a swig of the bottle herself, "It's Clint's birthday, you don't want to be too inebriated for birthday sex"
"How did you know?" I whispered, my expression shocked.
"Clint likes to brag about his sex life, what can I say" she laughed, "don't worry, it was just to me"
A blush spread across my neck, "did he tell you about the -"
"Yep"
I let out a strangled noise, clapping my hands on my cheeks in embarrassment.
"I'm going to kill him"
I made my way across to my husband, grabbing his arm whilst he was talking to Steve and Sam.
"Clint why would you tell Nat?"
"What?"
"You told her about our sex stuff" I whispered loudly, Sam holding back a laugh whilst Steve looked uncomfortable.
"What are you talking about?" He asked, holding both of my arms to hold me steady.
"Nat said that you brag about your sex life to her" I whined, "now she knows"
"Oh - Oh! Don't worry I didn't tell her about the thing"
I let out a sigh of relief, turning to smile at the two other men, "It's okay! Crisis averted. Carry on"
Sam chuckled, patting Steve's shoulder as he waved me goodbye, Clint holding back a laugh as well.
"Now I'm intrigued" Sam said, raising his eyebrow at Clint, receiving a mysterious smirk in reply.

"It's okay Nat - I told him off - now come dance with me!" I said, dragging the redhead back onto the dance floor, both of our bodies moving in tandem to the music.
"What did you think he had told me?" She asked curiously, having to shout near my ear to be heard over the music.
"I can't tell you or you'll know!"
"Is it bad?"
"Very"