025 || scolding

•••

•••

"Where is he?" Nick shouted as he stormed into the house, Coulson following closely behind.
"He left" I stayed simply, arms crossed defensively over my chest, raising my eyebrow as if to tell him to fight me.
"You're an idiot - you know that. He might not be who you think he is, what if he comes back again in a few days to finish you off? What then?"
"Then I fight him"
"Do you know how to fight?"
"Not exactly-"
"No - that is exactly it. You can't fight. Living with one of my top agents doesn't suddenly make you invincible" he ranted angrily "you have no training, no defence skills, you can't aim a gun unless it's a stationary target and you don't know what the fuck you're doing"
"Then teach me!" I replied at an equally angry volume, standing up from my chair and slapping my hands on the table.
"Grace you're forgetting you're pregnant" Coulson pointed out hesitantly, his finger aimed at my growing stomach.
"Yes I know that. Surely that's even more reason to know how to defend myself"
"Not during your pregnancy, you could damage the baby" Nick frowned "just stop letting random people into your house and for gods sake water these plants". He had become distracted, looking at the dying flowerpots to his left, "this one's a cactus! How do you kill a fucking cactus"
"I don't know! It doesn't like me!" I wailed.

Once I had calmed down properly from my hormonal outburst, Nick had decided to step outside for some air, leaving me with Agent Coulson.
"So cheese" I said with a smile, propping my feet up on the coffee table, "Why on Gods green earth is your nickname cheese?"
Coulson let out a chuckle, shaking his head.
"It really makes no sense. When I first joined SHEILD my boss at the time thought my name sounded like Philadelphia - thus the nickname was born. It was actually my official code name for years"
I snorted, looking at him in disbelief.
"It's true! You can ask Fury once he's finished his temper tantrum" he grinned.
"Will do"

•••

"Agents how long do you have left over there - Barton, your girlfriend is driving me mad" Fury said in to his earpiece.
"What did she do this time" Clint laughed
"Made a friend"
"Aw let her make buddies Fury, what's the harm" Nat teased, nudging Clint who stood next to her, "was it a man"
"Yes"
"Then noooo, not okay" Clint said, a hint of jealousy biting at him, glaring at Nat when she laughed at him.
"What's the read on the mission"

The two assassins exchanged uneasy looks.
"We were compromised. Everyone there was a HYDRA operative, things happened and we had to fight our way out" Nat explained delicately, "I downloaded all the files before we left"
"Survivors?"
"None"

•••

It was nearing the afternoon when Clint and Nat got back to the farm, Fury wanting to talk to them first.
Coulson and I had moved to the kitchen, where he had helped me make a small buffet for the extra guests.

As soon as Clint walked in to the kitchen, he rushed over to give me a tight hug. Confused at his actions I let out a small sound of surprise, before leaning into the embrace. His hands moved from my back to the sides of my stomach as he pressed a soft kiss to my forehead.

"That was sickening" Nat laughed, pushing Clint out of the way and pulling me into a hug.
"Okay now I'm really confused" I said, my voice slightly distorted through Nat's hair, "you never hug me voluntarily. What happened?"
"It was a tough one" she replied, pulling back from me and softly patting my stomach.

"Are you both alright?" I asked, my eyes immediately skimming over their figures looking for any visible injury.
I let out a small gasp as I saw some cuts on Clint's face, as well as a gash on Nat's arm.
"Sit. Stools. Now." I ordered, the two sitting down almost immediately.
I got to cleaning their wounds, dressing Nat's arm in a bandage.
Clint kissed my cheek in thanks, before piling food on a plate and stuffing his mouth cheekily. I snorted at his behaviour, following suit and getting a plate for myself.

•••

"Come over again soon okay?"
"I will" Nat smiled, waving at Clint and I as she walked onto the Helicarrier, joining Fury and Coulson on the return trip to HQ.

Clint wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into his side.

We were alone, but this time it was a good thing.

•••

Quick A/N : the next chapter is gonna be hella short but there's a reason so just bare with me okay? 🥰