004 || fight

•••

•••

"Always the charmer" I chuckled as Clint gave me the middle finger, challenging me, "you're so on"
I picked up the pillow with a menacing grin, before leaping onto his shoulders, attacking his head with the pillow.
He let out shrill fake screams, before flipping me back onto the bed, leaping after me to hit me with his pillow. A giggle escaped my lips as I dodged his hits, my left hand sneaking under his top to tickle his sensitive spot by his ribs, causing him to freeze which allowed me time to flip our positions so I was the one on top. I started to bring the pillow down on his face, only stopping when a hearty laugh was heard from the doorway.
"Wha-?"
"What are you two doing?"
"Oh, hi Sam" Clint said nonchalantly, propping himself up on his elbows, "just some friendly competition"
"Room for one more?"
"I'm so gonna beat your ass Wilson" I grinned, leaping towards him, pillow held firmly in my grip.
"EVERYONE COME TO THE BARTONS ROOM FOR A PILLOW FIGHT. IM OUTNUMBERED" Sam yelled, holding his arms above his head to shield himself from my onslaught.
"Oh no" Clint groaned, hearing the thundering of feet rushing towards the room, "what have you done Sam"

We swiftly grouped off, Clint, our kids and I against Sam, Bucky, Marzia and Steve.
"I don't feel like this is fair numbers" Steve complained as Lila managed a relatively hard hit to his abdomen, before breaking out in giggles.
"I think you're just mad that you can't hit me" Pietro smirked, running circles around the super soldier, hitting him around the side of the head every few seconds.
"That's not the reason" Steve said, dodging another hit from Lila, hitting her back lightly.
I was busy duelling Sam with Nathanael on my shoulders.
"You're going down!" Nathanael shouted, whacking Sam's head with a small pillow, the man hitting my stomach in retaliation.
Clint had teamed up with Wanda and Cooper against Bucky and Marzia, fluid motions from all of them (apart from Cooper who was running around like a headless chicken)

Halfway through our house-wide pillow fight, we were interrupted by a very amused Shuri, who told the guys that they should go and talk to her brother.
"I'll stay with the kids" I offered, letting everyone else go to the meeting after I received an odd look from Steve. He seemed slightly relieved after I spoke, Clint obliviously pressing a kiss to my forehead before following after the group.
"Mum can we bake cookies?" Lila asked, setting off to the kitchen.
"Pleaseeeee?" Nathanael added, leaning forward so his head came into my peripheral vision.
I just laughed, hugging Cooper to my side as we walked to the kitchen, Lila already piling the ingredients on the counter.
"We can do everything - I just don't like measuring" Cooper grinned, gesturing to the scale.
"You guys are sneaky" I said, impressed. Placing Nathanael back onto the floor, I started weighing all the ingredients, before walking back over to the toddler and placing him on my lap as we watched the two work.

•••

"As you know, Steve came to me the other day to ask if there was anything you can do for us, since you're staying here" T'challa explained, "something came up"
Steve nodded curtly.
"We're pretty sure they're a terrorist group. Last week they attempted to blow up an area where our outreach program had just moved to. Luckily the bomb wasn't made properly - but it was close" he continued, Shuri projecting images on the wall behind him, "they've since been linked to a robbery relating to illegally sold vibranium, and some close financial ties to the American government"
The archer exchanged worried glances with the twins, the same thought on both of their minds.
"I hope you don't mind me asking, your highness, were they possibly linked to a recent kidnapping?" Clint asked hesitantly.
"Yes - I believe they were. Paid highly for it too, though two were arrested" Shuri nodded, tilting her head curiously.
"These are our guys Steve! If we catch them for the terrorism then the government can't use it against us"
"Clint-"
"No, this is our opportunity! We need to get them anyway right? This is poetic justice-"
"You know these men?" T'challa asked, cutting through Clint's speech.
"They kidnapped our mum" Pietro said angrily.
Clint didn't have time to register his shock, that was the first time he had referred to them as their actual parents, but he brushed it off for now to fight for his cause.
"Damn near killed her. My wife - she was hanging-"
"Clint" Steve said, more firmly this time, "we've talked about this"
"No, you've talked about this. These are obviously bad men, it's the least we can do to help T'challa after everything he's done for us. Personal revenge is just a bonus" He said indignantly, persevering.
"I wouldn't mind getting in a few hits on the bastards" Sam shrugged, coughing quietly when Steve glared at him.
"Really? Bucky?"
"It would help my guilt" Bucky admitted quietly, "that was kind of my fault"
"I agree with Clint - if they're a threat to Wakanda anyway, they have to be taken care of" Marzia added.
"Fine" Steve sighed, "when do you want us to leave?"
"Hopefully soon. Our next outreach program is tomorrow at noon in Kenya - Kisumu"
The captain nodded warily, "we'll leave tonight. Shuri, can you send me all the files we need before we leave?"
"Sure thing Captain" she grinned, tapping rapidly on her bracelet, "done"