022 || godparents

•••

•••

"Welcome home!"
I let out a small squeal, rushing forward to pull everyone into hugs.
"Where's Clint?"
"He wouldn't let me pick up the baby because I'm 'too tired to be reliable'. He should be here in like 5 minutes"
"But the car is right there"
"Oh Tony" I laughed, patting his shoulder, "he moves super slowly when holding new babies"
"It's true" Nat grinned, "when Cooper was born we had to coax him out of the car he was so scared of dropping him"
"Aw, who knew the hawk had a soft side" Rhodey snickered, receiving a wink from me.
"Where are my children?" I demanded
"Well Lila and Cooper are in the kitchen with speedy Gonzalo and Red witch" Tony answered
"Gotcha"

On my way to the kitchen I was stopped by a smiling Steve.
"Congratulations again"
"Thanks Steve, and thanks again for bringing everyone over, it been too long since we saw you all"
"Everyone wanted to meet the new member of the crew" Steve laughed, shrugging modestly, "besides the twins said they were eager to meet their brother"
I grinned proudly, giving him a small wave before slipping into the kitchen.
"Mum!" Cooper yelled, rushing to give me a hug, "where's the baby?"
"Dad's got him" I answered, returning the hug gladly.
"Was it a boy?"
"Yeah, Sorry Lila"
"It's okay" she sighed, pouting, "ill just force him to play with me"
I sniggered quietly, before making eye contact with the two others in the room.
"How are my favourite twins?"
"We are good" Wanda smiled, walking over to give me a hug, "the birth wasn't too bad, was it?"
"Well I'm very sore if that answers your question"
"Where's dad?" Pietro asked cunningly, knowing Clint hated him calling him that.
"Should be here any minute" I chuckled, ruffling his hair, "Are Nat and Steve treating you two alright?"
"Yes, the training is going well" she nodded, a small grin on her face, "We're being trained with Vis and the others"
"Oh, yeah I saw him out there. How's he adjusting to ... life?" I asked, unsure of what exactly to call it.
Pietro sniggered, earning a smack on his arm from his twin.
"He's doing very well, thank you for asking"

The conversation was cut short as small cheers were heard from the front room.
"That would be the baby"
Before I could blink, Pietro had picked up Wanda and zoomed to the room.
"It's literally a two second walk" I sighed, shepherding Lila and Cooper out of the kitchen and towards Clint.
"Who's the godfather this time?" Sam asked, peering over Clint's shoulder to look at the baby.
"It better not be anyone different" Fury threatened, walking in the door.
"Patchy!"
"Yes I made it, can't miss my new godchild's welcome home party"
"I feel like we should have a competition" Tony argued, "I'll start : I have money"
"And sold!" Clint laughed, earning a happy yell from Tony.
"Hey! I'm captain America!"
"True" I said, rubbing my chin thoughtfully, "that would be pretty badass"
"I can fly!"
"So can I dipshit"
"Well I have wings-"
"I have boosters-"
"I have a shield!"
"Shut up Steve"
"Okay"
"Aw don't be mean to Steve" I cooed, walking over to pull the tall blond into a hug, "your shield is cool"
"Thanks" he pouted, having to bend down to accept my hug.
Vision stepped forward, cape billowing behind him with non-existent wind.
"May I ask what his name is?"
"That's actually a good point, you're all fighting over being his godparent but you don't know his name yet" I chuckled.
Multiple shouts rang out around the room.
"Nathanael Pietro Barton" Clint said proudly, kneeling down so the kids could see their baby brother.
I saw Pietro gasp in the corner of my eye, making me smile happily. I moved next to him, leaning to whisper in his ear, "the middle name was his idea, think of it as his way of saying thank you"
He smiled back, seemingly shocked.
"Should we just tell them Grace?"
"Yeah okay"
"Tell us!"
"Well, technically the Avengers as a whole will be the godparents"
"All of us?"
"All of you"
"Damn"