001 || hard

•••

•••

"What do you mean you're being called to New York? You just got back yesterday!" I protested, crossing my arms angrily
"I know honey, I'm sorry but this is an emergency" Clint reasoned, wrapping me into a tight hug.
"It's just - you missed Lila's 3rd birthday the other day, she was so upset Clint. Not to mention Cooper's school performance. When does it end?" I mumbled into his chest.
"I'm sorry, I truly am. I'll try and talk to Fury, I promise. But this one's big Grace, like they've found something science can't explain big"
I sighed and melted into the hug, trying to familiarise myself with the feel of his arms surrounding me.
We talked more on phones than in person recently, and I missed just being able to touch him, feel the way his muscles reacted to my hands. I wasn't mad at him, I knew what I signed up for at the beginning, but with every child I have the weight grows heavier as I have to act like a single mum.

The kids were currently out with Natasha (she had fought me to take the kids out toy shopping, and it ended up being a sparring session where I could finally use some moves Clint had been teaching me. I still lost), meaning we were alone in the house for the first time in years.

"Well, if he's gonna keep you away" I said, walking around him, "I better make the most of you now"
With a little smirk, I started walking up the stairs towards the bedroom. He stayed still for a few moments, before I heard his footsteps chase me. Giggling, I beat him to the bedroom, leaping onto the bed.
His figure came into view as he leant on the door frame, his eyes scanning over my body.
"Well come on then Hawkeye, don't keep a girl waiting" I teased
"Yes ma'am" he grinned, jumping next to me on the bed, his lips instantly connecting with my neck. I leant my head back to give him better access, small whimpers escaping my lips as he marked the side of my neck with little love bites.
"Mine" he whispered into my ear, causing shivers to run up my spine.
I groaned impatiently, flipping myself so I was straddling him, a flirty smirk playing on my lips.
"I missed you" I said, placing kisses along his jaw, my hands fumbling to get his shirt off, only disconnecting my lips as I tugged my top over my head whilst he did the same.
"I missed you too babe" he breathed, my lips continuing their attack on his chest.
"You gonna show me how much?"
"Is that a challenge?" He growled, claiming my lips with his as he wrestled off my remaining clothes.
"If it makes you do that then yes it fucking was"

•••

"CLINT! GRACE! WE'RE BACK" Nat called, causing us to immediately cease our actions.
"We'll be down in a minute!" I called back, trying to steady out my breathing.
"3 times isn't too bad" Clint quietly laughed, reaching over to give me another kiss.
"I'll take what I can get" I joked in reply, pushing myself up from the bed and walking to the bathroom to try and sort out my hair.
"Mummy! Daddy! Come look!" Lila squealed.
"One minute honey!" Clint replied, tugging a clean T-shirt on over his joggers, before flashing me a wink and running downstairs.
"Cheeky bugger" I laughed softly, slipping on some new comfy clothes and following him downstairs.

"You've been busy" Nat teased as I reached the bottom step "forgot to cover those"
I touched my neck where she had pointed, feeling the slightly raised bumps.
"Didn't feel the need to" I shot back, a small smile on my face.
Nat raised her hands in surrender as she laughed, backing off slightly, "is it still okay to stay here tonight?"
"This is basically your second home at this point, you don't need to ask" I smiled, patting her shoulder. She scoffed and pushed my arm away gently.

"Mummy, look!" Lila said excitedly, holding up a plush unicorn.
"Oh wow" I gasped, kneeling down so I was at her height "did auntie Nat buy you that?"
"Yes" she giggled, waving the toy around happily. I looked up at Nat with a big smile on my face, before picking Lila up from the ground and spinning her around.
"You hungry?"
"Yes!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands together.

•••

"Cooper, what are you doing?"
The boy looked down guiltily, his hands quickly moving away from the bow.
"Nothing"
Clint frowned at his son, confused by his actions.
"You were doing something"
"I -" Cooper faltered "If you don't have your bow you can't go tomorrow"
Clint averted his eyes, ashamed. Walking towards him, he knelt in front of Cooper and held his hands.
"It's my job buddy. I know I'm away a lot but I'm trying to get that sorted out"
Cooper sighed, hanging his head, "I know"
"I love you sport"
"Love you too"
Clint let out a little laugh, wrestling Cooper so he was holding him upside down.
"I didn't hear you" Clint sang
"I LOVE YOU TOO" Cooper screamed between laughs.