038 || glove

•••

•••

"Everything okay?" Nat asked, eyes dipping to our entwined fingers with a small smile, lighting up as they saw the rings back in their rightful place.
"They will be eventually"
Steve nodded curtly, relief prominent on his face, before turning to Tony.
"Shall we get started then?"
I nodded, following them to a room where Scott was already in his suit, Nebula and Rhodey standing by a display.
As Tony launched into a debate with them, Nat quickly pulled me aside, giving Clint a smile as we went.

"So?" She said, leaning against the wall, "You've got the rings back on"
I nodded, fidgeting with them absentmindedly.
"We both agreed that we need to work on it, but - jesus Nat you know as well as anyone that I never stopped loving him - and now that he's back?" I broke off in a tearful laugh, reaching out to take her hand, "we're going to make it work. We're gonna do this, get the kids back and then us three are gonna fucking take them home to our farm and be happy and together again"
Natasha began to tear up too, tightening her grip on my hand, "dont you dare make me cry right now, we have work to do"
The conversation was interrupted by Rhodey sticking his head out of the room, "We're heading to the main portal thing, Clint's gonna jump"
"Wait what? Why Clint?"
"Scott's an idiot"
Nat sniggered, standing up straighter.
"I feel like I should ask for more information, but that sounds like a good enough reason to me"

•••

I stood nervously beside Tony, watching Clint adjust the time bracelet on his wrist as he nodded along to the instructions he was given.
"Grace, calm down he'll be fine. It's my tech, literally nothing can go wrong"
I scoffed, rolling my eyes at him affectionately.
"I know, I know. It's not that bit I'm worried about" I admitted, worrying my bottom lip between my teeth, "it's just if this doesn't work-" I trailed off, shaking my head to cut off that train of thought, not wanting to start down that road.
"It will" Tony said, his stern expression breaking into a lighter one as he nudged my arm, "Are you doubting my genius?"
"Never!" I mock-gasped, hand flying to my chest.
Clint's laugh from beside me won my attention, leading me to quickly place a kiss on his cheek for good luck.
"It'll work" Clint said, the solemn tone he was going for off-put by the slight blush rising to his cheeks at the sudden action, "it will"
You just nodded, eyes locked on to him as he stepped onto the platform, helmet activating.
"3, 2, 1"
Clint disappeared, and I clutched Nat's arm for stability.
"Coming back in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 -"
A bright flash seemed to spit Clint back out, Natasha running to help him stand up right as he stumbled forward.
"It worked" Clint breathed, throwing a baseball glove to Tony before locking eyes with me, "it worked"