010 || kareoke

•••

•••

"I thought we had escaped this" Steve groaned, collapsing onto the sofa.
"Oh come on Steve, it'll be fun" Nat winked, helping Clint set up the equipment
"Yeah! Lighten up a bit Cap" Clint grinned, plugging in the microphone.
"For gods sake"
Sam patted his shoulder amicably, a sneaky grin on his face as he watched everything he set up. I could tell he was excited to see Steve sing, a rarity that not many could claim to have seen.
"Have y'all heard Grace sing yet?" Wanda asked, sitting down next to Pietro on the opposite sofa.
"I don't think I have"
I raised an eyebrow at Bucky and Marzia as they looked at me inquisitively.
"Remind me to show you the videos" Pietro smirked.
"Don't you dare - I showed you those in confidence -"
"What videos?" Steve asked, a shiteating grin spreading across his face.
"She was in an accapella group back in college" Nat teased, poking me in the side as I turned to glare at her.
"I swear to god -"
"They won the championship for their area" Clint added, finishing the set up, "had killer hair back then too"
"Really? What was different about it?" Sam asked.
"I dyed it red on a whim" I shrugged, embarrassed, sinking into the seat's cushions, "but enough about me. Who's going first?"

Clint coughed pointedly, sitting down in front of the microphone and putting on an over dramatic pose.
"I will be singing: Take Me Home, Country Road" he said huskily, making an exaggerated pouty face as he spoke. I hollered loudly, clapping as he started singing.
He kept eye contact with me the whole song, his gravelly voice working surprisingly well, whilst pulling a mock-serious face. He acted as if he was serenading me, walking down from the platform and singing right in front of me. As the song came to an end, everyone clapped as he bowed, Steve only just resisting a smile.
"Who's next?"
"Grace and I" Nat grinned, grabbing my arm and pulling me up to the front. I laughed as we went up, pulling her aside to quickly work out which one we were doing.
"I don't fucking know which one to do"
"Let's do the song"
"As in - the song, the song?"
"Yes"
"Choreography as well?"
"You taught me it for a reason"
"I'm not gonna get through this with a straight face" I laughed, moving to stand in front of the microphone. (Video at top is the choreo)
Nat just winked at me, moving to turn on the music. The backing track to Talk Dirty To Me started playing through the speakers, making the twins whoop enthusiastically. I tried to stifle my laughs as Nat and I began to dance, following the choreography we had made one drunken night when Clint was away on a mission. Everyone whooped enthusiastically as we sang, though I had to stop every now and then to let out a little giggle. I burst out laughing as we finished, after seeing Steve looking at Nat with wide eyes.
"Wow" Clint laughed, pulling me onto his lap as I walked back over to him, "Why have I never seen that one before"
"You were on a mission and we were drunk"

Sam was next, sauntering up to the stage and belting out the lyrics to All Star, much to Pietro's amusement. Bucky, Steve and Marzia refused to have a go (despite Sam's loud booing), Steve instead stood up and pointed at Wanda and Pietro. Everyone cheered as they made their way onto the stage and bowed, before setting themselves up in front of the mic.
"We're going to be singing rap god"