015 || last project

A/N: yes I know the timing is a bit off for this scene, they leave at night cos Dr Cho is in danger etc, but I really wanted somewhere to fit this scene so

A/N: yes I know the timing is a bit off for this scene, they leave at night cos Dr Cho is in danger etc, but I really wanted somewhere to fit this scene so... ta da

•••

"Morning all" I smiled as the avengers shuffled down the stairs, the kids already eating their breakfast whilst chatting animatedly with Fury. Clint chuckled as Tony groaned, rubbing sleep from his eyes.
"You didn't have to do this-" Steve said gratefully, his eyes widening at the food spread laid on the table that he sat at.
"Don't thank me, thank this guy" I laughed, nudging Clint's arm.
"No way, Hawkeye cooks?" Tony scoffed, "gonna have to start calling you Magic Hands"
I tried to hold back a chuckle, Clint sending me a cheeky look, "he definitely has those"
Bruce choked on the orange juice he was drinking, Nat slapping his back as she grinned at me.
"She's only kidding Bruce"
"I'm not" I coughed, hiding my smile behind my cup.
"Mrs Barton you never fail to amaze me"
"Why thank you Tony"
Steve just watched on in amusement, chomping on his bacon as he watched our exchange.
"Careful Clint, Tony might swoop in and steal your woman" Nick teased, making Clint's eyes narrow slightly.
"prick" he signed, making me giggle slightly.
"Hey! You agreed not to do that infront of me" Nick complained.
"But it's fun" I smirked, "You're just mad because you don't know what we're saying"
"Yes, that's exactly it!"

The others laughed at the directors frustration, forgetting the stress that had plagued them for the past few days, even if only for a moment. Lila ran over to Natasha, passing her a drawing of a butterfly that she was just drawing with Cooper. Nat grinned, overexaggerating her joy to make Lila giggle, pressing a kiss to her forehead before Lila clambered back onto her chair.
I noticed Nat and Bruce exchange a sad smile, reminding me of a conversation I had overheard the night before, a small frown settling on my face.

•••

Before they left, Clint pulled me aside, backing me against the wall slightly.
"I'm gonna finish reflooring that sunroom as soon as I get back"
"Yeah? Guess you'll need to find a new project to start once that's done" I said with a small smile, looking down slightly.
Clint let out a laugh, using his index finger to lift my chin up to meet his eyes.
"No" he shook his head, "last project. I promise"
"Wait - like last project, last project?"
He nodded, a smile spreading across my face at the thought of Clint being around more. His hands found their way to my waist, and I immediately placed my hands on his face and pulled him in for a kiss.
"Keep the shirts though, they look so hot on you"
"As you wish ma'am" he sniggered slightly, pressing light kisses to my neck.
"You could also finally teach me archery?"
"Now you're pushing it" he mumbled against my skin
"Please"
"I'll think about it"
I let out a groan, that swiftly turned into a moan as he found my neck's sweet spot.
"You know, I miss being in this position" I murmured in his ear, grinning proudly when I felt him shiver slightly.
"Oh really?" He chuckled, his voice deep, "Let's just say, as soon as that baby's out ..."
"Naughty" I sniggered, flicking his nose.

"CLINT! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!"
"That's my cue" he laughed, pulling away. I pouted at the loss of contact, taking his hand in mine as we walked outside.

, giving Natasha an especially long hug.
"Be safe"
"I will"
"And come back"
The red head faltered slightly, and I squeezed her tighter.
"You heard?"
"Just the last few seconds - if - if you do go - please visit" I begged.
Nat sighed slightly, placing her hand on the back of my head to pull me closer into the hug, "I promise"
I smiled as we moved apart, waving as she stepped towards the quinjet.
"Do they always hug like that?" Tony asked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.
"You should see us when Clint's not home" I shouted, giving him a cheeky wink.
Tony turned to Clint, an honest expression in his face, "I think I love her"
He just laughed, moving over to me and pulling me into a deep kiss.
"She's mine"