034 || capture

A/N: trigger warnings? Violence, threats, kidnapping

A/N: trigger warnings? Violence, threats, kidnapping. I felt mean so here's another two chapters

•••

"Cmon Lila, Cooper you still got Nathanael?"
"Mummy! Cooper's over there talking to that man. He's holding Nathanael"
I spun around, my eyes snapping onto my two sons being held by three burly men.
"Lila, I want you to lock yourself in the car okay? Only unlock it for Cooper and Nathan. If another man or woman is there don't open it"
She nodded, a confused look on her face, taking the keys and running to the car. Once she was locked in, I turned to face the men, my expression feral.
"I think the fuck not" I said, approaching the men.
"You need to come with us"
"Let my kids go and we'll talk" I said, taking out a knife from my boot, "or I'm gonna kick off"
The men exchanged glances, letting them go. Smart decision. This was of course a semi-public place, not somewhere that they could assure no interruptions.
Nathanael ran clumsily over to me, Cooper close behind. I handed Cooper my phone, telling him to call Fury, before ushering them to the car. I heard the locks click back into place once again, my son immediately calling Fury's number.

Turning back around with a growl, I stared at the three men.
"What the fuck do you want"
"Your husband is fighting on the wrong side. We need to know where Captain America took the soldier"
"Do I look like I'd know? Clint never tells me that kind of stuff"
"Don't bullshit us lady, you know the Avengers personally. Tell us where the captain is and we'll leave you alone. If not..." he trailed off, taking a gun out of the waistband of his jeans, "I'll start picking off your kids"
"Wrong answer motherfucker"

I threw my knife at the man with the gun, the metal embedding itself in between his eyebrows. This immediately set the others off, launching at me. I dodged a few kicks, until one of the men yanked my ponytail, leaving me open to a punch to my abdomen. Wheezing slightly, I tried to fight back, but they had me trapped.
"Forget the kids we just need the girl" goon #1 said, beginning to drag me towards a black car.
"Blackmail-"
"Dude the cops might show up, let's cut our losses"
The second goon groaned, but helped carry me anyway. I writhed around, trying to find a weak spot but failing miserably. Nat would be ashamed.
Before I knew it the world went black.

•••

I woke up in a small white room, lit by bright luminescent lights. I hissed at the sudden light exposure, shielding my eyes.
"She's awake"
I was grabbed my hair, being pulled up so I was sitting straight.
"We're gonna ask you one time. Where is the captain"
"I already told you. I don't know. Y'all do understand that right?"
He instantly backhanded me around the face, his ring cutting my lip open. I felt the blood start to pool in my mouth, a metallic taste overwhelming me. An animalistic growl escaped my lips as I stared into his eyes, silently challenging him.
"Where. Is. He"
"I. Don't. Know"
This time there were two smacks. I let out a hiss, spitting the blood into my interrogator's face.
"You little -"
He aimed a strong punch to my gut, the strong blow effectively winding me and leaving me gasping for air.

"How did you know where I was?"
The second man chuckled deeply, gesturing for the man in front of me to back away, halting half an hour of constant torture.
"You should be careful who you give your address to" he grinned wolfishly, "certain people will give up anything for enough money"
"But who - no. She wouldn't"
"Are you talking about - What was her name again? Oh yes, Dalia? She hasn't talked to you for a while now has she? Real shame. I think she got a bit jealous of your famous connections, it didn't take long for her to tell us"
"No!"
"Yes" the first man laughed, his tone equally as chilling, "no violence or anything. She liked the look of the money and sent us on our way"
I felt a tear slip out of my eye, the information overwhelming me.
"But - Why -"
"Enough talking" he grabbed my chin, producing a knife from his pocket, "where is he"
"Fuck You"
I winced as the knife made contact with the side of my face, making a long cut from the top of my brow to halfway down my cheek.
"Bastard"
Another onslaught of punches where delivered to my stomach, my wheezing breaths filling the room.
"Knock her out again. We'll see how many more hits she can take later"
I felt another shattering pain to the side of my head, the lights fading to black once again.

•••

When I woke the second time my head was pounding, my eyesight blurry. A quiet groan escaped my mouth as I tried to, once again, adjust to the harsh lighting. Once I regained all of my senses, I noticed the new strain on my arms. Craning my neck, I saw that there new ropes that were wrapped tightly around my arms, cutting off my circulation to the point where my hands were turning a dark purple. Furiously trying to remember the training Natasha had given me a few years prior, I started to rub my hands together, the rope slowly heating up and breaking.
I finally managed to undo the rope that bound my arms after what seemed like hours, my wrists now red and sore from the friction. My guard was instantly heightened as I listened for any footsteps outside of the room.

When I heard none, I moved from my spot and tried the door, a small celebratory noise escaping when I realised the idiots had left it open. Pushing the door ajar, I checked the hallway, tiptoeing out once I was sure the area was clear. I made my way through the corridors, head throbbing in sync with my heart, the cuts and bruises on my body aching with every movement. Peering around the next corner, I stopped dead in my tracks as I saw a man in a white suit guarding a doorway. It must be the exit.
With energy i didn't know I had, I swept his feet out from underneath him, staggering back slightly before sending a heavy punch to his face. The force of it propelled me backwards, my balance off kilter from the multiple head hits I had received.

I started to run as I spotted the exit, the light pouring out the bottom of the doorway, only stopped as a loud metal sound reverberated around my skull. I was so close.