015 || visitor

•••

•••

"Are you starting another project?" I asked, peeking over Clint's shoulders.
We had been living in the house for five months and Clint had made refurbishing his new hobby.

When he was away on missions with Natasha I would be catching up on my medical course, whilst also redecorating the spare bedrooms. When he came back he got straight back to fixing the house (or as I liked to call it 'ripping it apart and putting it back together').

"Possibly. How would you feel about a new kitchen?" He asked, an idle grin on his face.
"That's always a good thing" I chuckled, moving to sit on the counter so that I was facing Clint.
"Y'know - you did only just get back" I said, trailing off suggestively
"Don't tease me, you might not like what happens" he warned teasingly, stalking towards me.
"I -"
There was a knock at the door, interrupting the moment.

"Who could that be?" I asked nervously
"Stay here" Clint said, moving swiftly over to the door and peeking through the window.
After a few tense seconds Clint laughed, looking back at me happily.
"It's Nat!"
"Open the door then!" I grinned, rushing over to greet the redhead.

"Hey" she waved as Clint opened the door, being pulled into a group hug with the two of us "ooh love what you've done with the place"

Natasha had been a fairly regular visitor at the farm, and she had actually been the one to buy me my first goat. I had three now: Fiona, Shrek and Donkey. Clint didn't have a choice when it came to the names. On her first visit to the farm, it was very unorganised and messy, with some random boxes still littered about. Thankfully, it was now mostly functional, but still with lots of work to be done to it.

We stepped aside to let her in, Clint taking her bag off of her.
"Nat, I finally finished your bedroom" I said excitedly, pulling her up the stairs before she could protest "I made it fit with the farm vibe"
"You didn't have to-" Nat started, looking at the room with a large smile on her face "... thank you, I love it"
I let out a little happy squeal, pulling her into another quick hug.

Something I had learnt very early on is that Natasha would only tolerate my hugs - meaning I kept them short. Last time I tried to hug her for more than a few seconds she almost body slammed me - I had managed to escape the grip just in time.

I heard Clint laugh in the doorway, observing us interact.
"What?" Natasha asked, raising her eyebrows
"With the amount that you're over here you might as well move in, especially now you have your own room" he said humorously.
"Thanks but no thanks" she scoffed "you're great and all but I have no desire to hear your sex life play out"

I coughed at her bluntness, face flushing as I made a noise of protest.
"Oh please! Don't act innocent. I've overheard enough conversations by now to know you're not a saint" she sniggered, pushing my shoulder slightly.
"Har har" i droned sarcastically, burying my face in my hands.
"Aw don't tease her, it's not her fault that she can't resist me" Clint winked.

It was nice to see them like this, completely relaxed. The past few months SHEILD had been completely over-working the pair, only giving them a few days in between week-long missions. I had tried to complain to Nick Fury, but unfortunately Clint talked me convinced me not to.

"Oh please, you're lucky she could stand you for this long"
"Well I'm going to make some lunch - you up for anything in particular?" I asked, trying desperately to change the subject.
"Sure, I'll have whatever" Natasha smiled
"Same" Clint answered, pressing a kiss to the side of my head as I moved to go downstairs.

As I reached the bottom of my staircase, I felt a gun pushed into my lower back.
"Don't say a word"
I nodded mutely, fear paralysing me to the spot