019 || retirement

•••

•••

"Wait, tonight?"
"Yes, tonight. Pietro and Wanda have decided to join the team, so they'll be there. He's almost completely healed so he should be fine" Nat insisted, pulling me over to the elevator, "Wanda's coming with us to the shops"
"I don't want to go shopping! Nothing ever fits over pregnancy bellies - CLINT HELP ME IM BEING ABDUCTED BY TASHA!"
Clint zoomed into the room, giving me a peck on the cheek and walking back of again.
"Traitor!"
"Love you too"
I frowned as I was pulled in to the elevator, my arms folded.
"Awe don't look at me like that, it's not so bad"
"I'm very upset with you Natasha, let me grieve for a few minutes at least"
"Grieving What?"
"My freedom" I sighed, dramatically flopping against the elevator wall.

"Just pick a dress Grace"
"There's nothing here"
"What about this one?" Wanda asked, coming up behind me with a dress.
"I'll try it if you shut up Tasha"
"Yes ma'am"
I huffed and walked into the changing rooms, the two Russians laughing quietly at my mood.
Honestly I was at the point of the pregnancy where unneeded exercise just pissed me off and I made sure others knew it.
I managed to squeeze into the dress, the fabric hugging my stomach. I rolled my eyes, walking out to show them.
"I look fat in all of these so just say this ones okay so I can leave" I groaned, my head hanging back.
"It looks sexy on you" Wanda smirked, "Clint will love it I'm sure"
I raised my eyebrow at the late teenager, a small smile forming on my face.
"I wanna keep her" I said to Nat.
"Don't ask me" she said, raising her hands in surrender.
I smiled at Wanda, "just so you know I'm unofficially adopting you two. Do with that what you will"
The girl simply laughed, tilting her head to the side, "shouldn't you ask Clint first?"
"Pahh he won't object. Pietro saved his life and I can get quite scary"

•••

"As you all know we're here to celebrate Clint's retirement" Tony said, his voice slurred, standing in front of the small remaining group, "pretending to need him on the team has truly been an honour, and he will be missed"
Clint laughed jovially, his hot breath hitting the side of my neck. I was placed in between his legs, one hand on my hip and the other twirling some drumsticks he had found somewhere.
"Can't say the same" he said from behind me, winking at Tony, getting a scoff in return.
"Now, drinking games! Grace you can have water and vision..." Tony paused for a second to think "you can pretend"
"Will do, sir"
I chuckled quietly at vision's lack of sarcastic wit, knowing he'd probably develop it quickly if he stayed around Tony long enough.

"Alright, who wants to go first. Let's do truth or dare, If the person does it everyone else drinks"

"Fuck it, me" I said, a lazy grin on my face.
"Okay truth or dare."
"Dare"
"Kiss Natasha"
"Really Tony?" Clint groaned, throwing the drumstick at the man's head.
"Wait - actually?"
"Yep" the billionaire said, a large grin crossing his face.
"Bloody hell" I looked at Clint who just shrugged, so I shifted over to Natasha who was sat next to us.
"Finally" Nat joked, pulling a face. I leant in, laughter bubbling up in my throat. It was a quick kiss, and the rest wooed as we parted. The laughter finally escaped as I collapsed back against Clint's chest, watching everyone take a swig of their drink.
"Okay my turn, Tony. Truth or dare you sneaky dick"
"Dare"
"Kiss Steve"
"Oh we're doing it like that are we?"
"Yes we are. Bet you won't do it though" I challenged, raising my eyebrow at him.
"You're a minx" he chuckled as he pointed at me, clambering over the table to stand in front of Steve, "pucker up American Idol"
I let out a hoot of laughter as Tony placed a smacker on Steve's lips, making the former rub his lips in disgust as the playboy went back to his seat.
Everyone took another swig.
"Okay, Thor. Truth or dare"
"I choose truth" the god smiled, leaning forward in his seat.
"Who, out of all of us here, would you most like to see naked"
Thor blushes slightly, the Asguardian liquor in his cup loosening his tongue, "Natasha"
Everyone took another a swig of drink, Pietro wolf-whistling at the God's comment.
"Steve, I pick you"
"Truth"
"Which one of us would you be most likely to kill"
"Ooh that's dark" I whispered to Clint, earning a small drunken giggle from him.
"Probably Tony -"
"Why always me" he wept, downing some more alcohol out of the bottle.
"Uhm-" Steve ignored Tony, "Wanda"
"Dare"
"I dare you to .. eat a lemon"
The teen gave the captain a small laugh, before reaching for a lemon slice on the alcohol tray, her face twisting in disgust once she bit into it.
"Yeugh!"
"Clint, your choice"
"Truth"
"Can I ask?" Pietro said, grinning cunningly. Once he received a nod from his twin, he turned to face us with a grin. "You're very close with Natasha. Was there ever anything there?"
I 'oohed' along with the others.
"Damn you Speedo" Clint said awkwardly, "there was a brief time period - but we both decided it didn't feel right-"
Nat looked at me cautiously, as if checking if I was mad. Instead, I let out a giggle, reaching over and punching her arm lightly.
"You've kissed both of us now"
The rest laughed along with me, taking another drink.
"You're not mad?" Clint asked, his hand holding mine.
"No? It was before you both knew I existed, I had guessed something had happened anyway"
"Really?"
"Yeah. You two are both madly good looking. There's no way y'all didn't try something. I would've" I said aloud, before leaning over to whisper in Clint's ear, "plus that's kinda hot"
He laughed and pushed me away gently, making me guffaw.

The evening went by and a lot more drinks were shared. Watching everyone become more inebriated as the night progressed was very telling, and I learnt more than a few secrets that would definitely not be shared if not for the drinks in their cups.