006 || payback

Warnings? : torture, death and all that jazz ((Grace your Ronin is showing🤫))

•••

The jet set off at 11 that night, everyone slightly jumpy as we left the protection of the wakandan border. I was sat in between the twins, a hand in both of theirs as a silent encouragement as we neared their hideout.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" Steve asked me, his hand falling to my shoulder.
"Positive" I said, nodding determinedly.
"Okay. We're going to split into three. Sam, you're with me. Bucky and Marzia, you go with Clint. Wanda and Pietro you're with Grace" he said, walking back towards the front of the jet, "everyone must check in on coms every 10 minutes just to make sure. The notes say there are 20 men at this particular base, but there could be more. They will kill you if they get the chance - so don't let them. Try and bring in hostages, but if you can't, kill them"
Wanda squeezed my hand tightly, a reassuring smile on her face.
"We're going to be fine"
"Yes we are"

The three of us stalked through the halls, a gun holstered on my hip in case I needed it.
"Clint, 4 spotted on your left flank"
Steve's voice crackled over the earpiece, making me jump slightly.
"Thanks Cap - 16 left" the archer replied.
Pietro tapped my shoulder to get my attention, before pointing to 3 men at the bottom of the staircase, and then gesturing to the one on the left. Getting his message, I began towards the guy on the left, my fists clenched. I waited until the other two were ready to attack before dropping from the railings and onto the man's shoulders. Squeezing hard with my thighs, I lurched to my right, snapping his neck. Jumping from his shoulders, the body collapsed to the floor.
Wanda and Pietro finished theirs, exchanging glances before continuing down the corridor.
"Another 3 down" Pietro spoke quietly through coms"
"We've just taken down 5 in here - should be 8 left" Bucky replied solemnly.
A familiar man caught my eye, rushing towards us in a group of 6. The twins immediately started fighting, I hung back slightly to see the man escape from the back of the group and into a room on the left. I ran after him, ignoring their shouts behind me.
"Oi fucker" I called, making him turn around to face me, silenced pistol pointed at my chest.
"You bitch" he spat, "How the fuck did you survive"
"God damned luck"

Not wanting to talk to the man, I sprinted at him, dodging a shot before grabbing hold of the arm holding the gun. Elbowing him in the face, I managed to pry the gun from his grip before landing a hard kick to his stomach. The man stumbled back slightly, regaining his balance as he lunged for me again, knocking me to the ground. With a loud grunt I managed to wrestle my way on top of him, delivering a hard punch to his nose. Pure rage now filled my veins, my brain going slightly fuzzy from the impact on my head.
"You know" I said, my breaths beginning to become uneven as I dodged him again, "I could just shoot you. But I won't -" I held the butt of the pistol outwards in my hand, using it to hit 3 hard blows to the side of his head, "you deserve a longer death for threatening my kids"
He groaned, dragging himself off the floor, clutching his bleeding cut, "psycho"
"Oh, I'm psycho?" I laughed, kicking him in the groin, "honey you have no idea what a mother can do when she's angry"
"5 down - we've lost eyes on Grace" Wanda said, her voice drifting through the ear piece
"Did you see where she went?" Clint asked, a worried tone slipping in to his voice
"She went after someone, we're looking now" Pietro replied
I frowned and took the earpiece out of my ear to avoid the chatter as I carried on my assault.
"I'm going to ask you this once. Who hired you to kidnap me"
The man said nothing, spitting on the floor. Shrugging, I cocked the gun and shot his foot, causing him to cry out in pain.
"Fucking whore"
"Now now, that's bad language, learn some manners and answer me politely. Who. Hired. You."
"I don't know"
I smiled, tilting my head to the side, "I don't believe you - that sound familiar?" I shot his other foot, "it should. That's what you said to me over and over again whilst you tortured me, even though it was the truth. So I'll say it again, I don't believe you"
He continued to writhe in pain, cussing me out every few breaths.
"I'm getting bored. Tell me"
"No"
This time I shot further up his leg, rolling my eyes as he cried out.
"Oh come on, you tortured me for hours and I didn't cry as badly as you. Grow some balls" I sighed, crouching down next to him and pressing the gun to his temple, "one last time, this time the bullet will go through your head. Who hired you."
"He - He didn't tell us his name, but he gave us big money. Said it was in the US' interest, gave us the name 'pivot' - I'm guessing it's a code name? I don't know man - I'm just doing what I'm told"
"Fucking Ross" I seethed, standing upright and emptying the ammo into his stomach.
"What the fuck? I did what you asked" He wheezed, getting weak from the blood loss.
"I said I wouldn't shoot your head" I shrugged, placing my earpiece back in, "one more down. How many are left?"
"Jesus Grace where have you been?"
"Don't take off your earpiece again Grace or you're not coming on anymore of these - that's everyone, now get back to the jet"
I stepped over the body on my way out of the room, only stopping at the noise of the faint voice behind me.
"There are more of us you know? Cut off one head, another two grow back in its place"