032 || germany

•••

•••

"You guys okay in the back?" Clint asked, glancing quickly at the twins.
"Yes sir" Pietro grinned, his arm laid back on the seat.
Scott was passed out in the back of the van, having being woken from his nap to join the fight.
"How long left?" Wanda asked, getting bored of being in the car.
"The jet dropped us off about an hour and a half away from the airport, so really any time now" Clint replied honestly, his eyes checking for any threats as he pulled into the airport's entrance, "as in literally now"
"Wheyyy!" Pietro cheered, already tense from not being able to move for the last few hours.
"Oh come on, it was not that bad" Wanda scolded jokingly, nudging his arm.
"Alright we're here" Clint announced, stopping the engine, "6th floor"
"There's 4 people out there" Pietro said, looking through the van's window, "I thought we were meeting 3"
"Don't question it - God knows we need the help"
They climbed out of the car, Pietro and Wanda staying slightly behind Clint.
"Cap"
"You know I wouldn't have called If I had any other choice"
"Hey man, you're doing us a favour. Besides, I needed an excuse to break these two out of Tony's 'protection'"
"Protection my arse" Pietro muttered, making Wanda giggle.
"Thanks for having my back" Steve smiled gratefully, looking over at the twins"
"Don't mention it" Wanda grinned, "it was time to get off our asses"
"How about our other recruit?"
"He's rarin' to go" Clint smirked, opening the vans' doors to reveal a sleeping Scott Lang, "Had to put a little coffee in him, but... he should be good"
The noise woke Scott, making him jump a little from the shock.
"What timezone is this?" He groaned, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.
"Come on, out you get" Clint said amusedly
"Captain America!" The man said excitedly, accepting Steve's outreached hand.
"Mr. Lang"
"It's an honour. I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow! This is awesome! Captain America"
Scott turned around to look at Wanda and Pietro.
"I know you, too. You're great! Jeez. Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so... Thinks for thanking of me"
He then turned to Sam, a sheepish smile crossing his face, "Hey man"
"What's up, Tic Tac?"
"Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time when I..."
"It was a great audition, but it'll... it'll never happen again"
"They tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked Scott, cutting through the building tension between the two men.
"Something about some... psycho-assassins?"
"We're outside the law on this one. So, if you come with us, you're a wanted man"
"Yeah, well, what else is new?"
"Just a quick question" Pietro interjected, "Who is she? We were told that we were meeting 3 people not 4"
"This is -"
"My friend" Bucky interrupted, cutting Steve off with a pointed glare.
"My name is Marzia, nice to meet you all. Sorry it's in these circumstances" the woman smiled, speaking in an odd accent Clint couldn't place.
The four waved at her.
"We should get moving"
"We got a chopper lined up" Clint pointed at the helicopter.
"Dies ist eine Notsituation. Alle Passagiere müssen den Flughafen sofort evakuieren"
"They're evacuating the airport" Marzia translated, exchanging a glance with Bucky.
"Stark"

•••

The fight had been dragging on, friends fighting each other left and right. The odds weren't looking good, each team being evenly matched in skill and numbers (Marzia had snuck into the jet whilst everyone was fighting).
"No, you get to the jet! Both of you!" Sam shouted into comms, "The rest of us aren't getting out of here"
"As much as I hate to admit it, if we're gonna win this one, some of us might have to lose it" Clint agreed, shooting another precise arrow into the madness, his eyes flicking over to the twins every few seconds to make sure they were okay.
"This isn't the real fight, Steve" Sam said, reminding Steve of the winter soldiers waiting in Siberia.
"Alright, Sam, what's the play?" Steve finally caved in.
"We need a diversion, something big"
"I got something kind of big, but I can't hold it very long. On my signal, run like hell. And if I tear myself in half... don't come back for me." Lang said through the intercoms, his voice wavering slighly.
"He's gonna tear himself in half?" Bucky asked, Pietro's snicker cutting him off.
"You're sure about this, Scott?"
"I do it all the time. I mean once... in a lab. Then I passed out. I'm the boss. I'm the boss. I'm the boss. I'm the boss. I'm the BOSS!"
A massive noise grabbed Clint's attention, his eyes locking on to the now-giant ant man.
"I guess that's the signal"
"Way to go, Tic Tac!"
That was when all chaos broke loose.

•••

"Leave them alone" Clint growled, watching as men grabbed the twins' arms roughly.
"Be quiet" a man said, slapping him around the face.
"Oh So we're playing like this are we" Clint chuckled darkly, "I'll be sure to tell my lawyer when the time comes"
"Where you're going you won't be getting a lawyer"