000 || wakanda

•••

•••

"Just - y'all stay in the jet, I'll go talk to Fury quickly" I said, gesturing to the group, "I don't know how on-side he'll be with this"
"Fine" Pietro sighed, "even though I could just get them all here in a few seconds I guess we'll do it your way"
"Thank you Sonic, greatly appreciated"
Sam tried to cover his laugh with a cough, the teenager sending him a glare either way.
I made my way over to the door, Fury already waiting.
"Steve came to get you?"
"Yes"
"Wakanda?"
"As long as you don't tell anyone"
Fury gave me a look, motioning to the suitcases by his feet, "the kids are dressed and ready to go, just, please stay in touch"
I pulled the director into a hug, "of course I will you silly pirate"
"Piss off princess"
I snorted, picking up some of the suitcases, Fury holding the others as he followed me to the jet. I passed the cases to the twins, leaving Clint to greet Fury as I went back for the kids.

"Who wants to go on a holiday?"
"Me! Me me me me me!" Nathanael shouted, shaking his hand in the air wildly
"Will dad be there?"
"Dad and the twins are in the jet"
At that the two older kids sprinted towards the jet, leaving me to put Nathanael on my hip and follow them.
"Daddy. Daddy. Daddy" Nathanael chanted, clapping his hands as we approached, the archers tearful smile widening even further as he heard him.
"Hey there kiddo" he laughed, taking him from my arms. Lila was playing with Wanda's hair, chatting loudly about a new tv show she found, whilst Cooper was trying to throw pieces of paper at Pietro (Who obviously dodged them all). I regarded them with a smile, before turning back to give Fury another hug.
"I'll see you later Captain Hook"
"See you soon tink"
I stuck my tongue out at him, before walking back inside the jet. We were off.

After making a quick stop to drop Scott off at his girlfriends house (he had insisted despite our protests) we were back on course.
I was sat next to Clint, his hand holding mine in a vice grip as if he was scared I was gong to disappear again. The twins were sat across from us, Wanda had Nathanael on her lap whilst Pietro was playing eyespy with the kids. Sam and Steve were in the cockpit chatting as Steve drove the jet. I smiled and moved so I was resting my head on Clint's shoulder, staring at our intertwined fingers as I rubbed the back of his hand with my thumb. An odd sense of serenity washed over me, grounding me in the moment. I was safe and surrounded by my family, though a small nagging feeling nipped at the back of my mind as Nat wasn't with us.
"Grace?"
"Yeah?"
"I can hear your mind working" Clint laughed quietly, "What're ya thinking?"
"Nat should be here" I replied, in an equally hushed tone, "it feels wrong"
"She chose her side, she'll be back soon"
"How do you know?"
"She'll get mad at Tony within the next month and come to us" Clint pointed out, "besides she won't survive away from me for long"
I snorted, shaking my head with a smile, "you're a little up your own ass today, sir"
"I wouldn't say up my ass. Wouldn't be opposed to being up yours though-"
"CLINT!" I exclaimed, smacking his chest, a smile peaking through my shocked expression as he burst into snickers
"Everything okay down there?" Steve asked, everyone's eyes traced on us.
"Yes! Everything's fine!" I replied, blushing profusely as I elbowed Clint to make him shut up, "absolutely fine"
I covered my face in embarrassment as the twins sent me an accusatory wink.
"I hate you"
"You love me"
"Shut up"

•••

"Welcome to Wakanda" T'challa greeted as we poured out of the jet and onto the ground, Nathanael on my hip whilst Clint gripped Cooper and Lila's hand to keep them from running off.
"Thank you for allowing us to stay here until things brush over" Steve smiled, shaking the king's hand, though his eyes were wandering.
"Barnes is with Marzia at the house I've prepared for you - he is okay" the king smiled, noticing Steve's expression.
"Thank you" he sighed, motioning at us to follow as the two leaders set off.
"Is she a princess?" Lila asked, pointing at Shuri who stood on the sidelines.
"You bet I am" she grinned, making Lila blush at being caught. Cooper sniggered at her expression, causing her to lash out at him. Clint struggled to contain them as I carried on walking, a smirk on my face at his predicament.
"Mummy?" Nathanael whispered, pulling my hair slightly.
"Yeah?"
"Where are we?"
"Wakanda. We're staying here on holiday for a while" I replied, brushing some hair out of his eyes gently.
"Okay. I like it. It's pretty"