031 || help

•••

•••

"Mornin hot stuff" I winked as Clint entered the kitchen. Lila and Cooper had just finished their cereal and had raced to put a DVD on whilst Nathanael sat happily in his high-chair.
"Good mornin to you too" he replied, matching the southern accent, before turning around to Nathanael, "and good mornin to you too mister"
"Mornin!" He echoed, making me giggle at the bad attempt at the accent, "I was gonna take the kids to the pool today, that alright?"
"Yeah that's fine, do ya think Nathanael will be okay with it?"
"With arm bands he'll be fine as long as I dont let him out of my sight"
"Sure thing. I'll probably just relax for a bit - maybe practice some more archery"
"You're almost good" Clint chuckled, picking Nathanael out of the chair and messing his hair up.
"Stop! Stop!" he giggled, squirming in his arms.
"Hey in my defence I can hit the target! Just not the bullseye exactly" I huffed, arms crossed.
"Not exactly my arse - you're just about hitting the board" Clint scoffed teasingly.
"Whatever"

•••

"Wilson?"
"Hey Clint. I'm calling in a favour"
"I'm retired you know, i don't think the wife will be too happy with this one"
"We're going against the accords-"
"Never mind she'll support this, what's happening?"
"Bucky's innocent. There's this crazy dude that used him to find the other winter soldiers-"
"Shut the fuck up there are others? Are they as dangerous?"
"Worse. They volunteered"
"Holy shit, yeah okay I'm in"
"Can you pick up the twins? We need all the help we can get"
"An excuse to break them out of the compound? Hell yeah I'll get them. Hold on one second - GRACE?"
"YEAH?"
"WILSONS ON THE PHONE. THEY NEED ME AND THE TWINS"
"FOR WHAT"
"FIGHTING AGAINST THE ACCORDS"
"CAN I COME?"
"WHA- NO!"
"BOOOO"
"Yeah I'm all good here" Clint grinned, silently laughing at Sam's stunned silence, "Where am I bringing everyone?"
"I'll send you the coordinates, it's an airport in Germany. Could you also pick up Scott Lang?"
"Who?"
"He's a tic-tac. I'll send you an address"
"Consider it done"
"Thanks man - see you soon"
"You got it"

•••

Lila and Cooper crushed Clint into a hug, squeezing tightly.
"I'm sorry about the pool" he said guiltily, "we'll go when I'm back, okay?"
"Okay"
The kids ran back to their movie, Nathanael toddling after them.
When we were alone in the room, Clint kissed me softly, pulling me into a hug.
"Are you sure I can't come" I pouted into the hug, "I really wanna kick Tony's ass"
"You'll be safe here - besides you need to look after the kids. This is a risky move. If something happens to me -"
"Shut up"
"No I'm serious! We can't leave them parentless"
I sighed at his logic, "Fine. Just be careful and try not to hit Nat too hard"
"Yes ma'am"
We stepped slightly away from each other as I reached over to give him a box of cookies.
"Cooper and Lila made these for the twins. Tell them to think of it as a 'fuck the government' snack"
Clint snorted, taking the box out of my hands and pressing a hard kiss to my cheek, "I'll pass the message along"
I pulled him into one last kiss, before pushing him towards his car, a smile on my lips as I waved him goodbye.

•••

"Nickleback no way!"
"Hello to you too"
I pulled the director into a tight hug, before pulling him into the house.
"You literally just missed Clint, he flew off about half an hour ago"
"For what?"
"Oh shit right you're with the government - I mean he's driven to LA to buy me my favourite donuts"
"That wasn't in the slightest bit believable"
"Oh hush. LILA! COOPER! FURY'S HERE"
Footsteps could be heard thundering down the stairs, the two kids skidding to a halt in front of him.
"Uncle Fury!" Cooper cheered, "Where have you been?"
"Yeah! Nathanael's one now - he can walk!"
Fury gasped dramatically, pulling the two into a quick hug, "can he?"
"Yeah! Mummy where's Cooper?"
I moved to pick the boy up from his playpen, placing him on my hip.
"Oh lord he is big" Fury chuckled, offering his finger to Nathanael, who instantly gripped and started tugging up and down.
"Pirate!" Nathanael laughed, "Patchy pirate!"
"I hate you" Fury glared at me.
I just winked, pinching Nathanael's cheek lightly, "good job bud".
I transferred the toddler into Nick's arms, watching his face light up slightly.
"Fury can you play with us? Pretty please!" Cooper begged.
"Why don't you go get set up? I'll be out in a minute"
"Okay!" Lila giggled, running off again, Cooper close behind.

"Where have you been?"
"Busy"
"Really? I would never have guessed" I replied sarcastically, quirking my eyebrow.
"Oh hush" he said, swatting at me.
Seemingly getting bored, Nathanael reaches up to play with Fury's eyepatch, pulling on the strap.
"Oh you don't wanna do that little man" he chuckled, moving his little hands away, "it ain't pretty"
"Aw, don't worry Nickie. I think you're beautiful" I cooked.
"Well obviously"