Chapter One

My alarm clock rang at exactly 7:00 a.m. I groaned as I rolled over to slam on the snooze button. I lied in my bed for the whole six minutes that it took for the snooze alarm to start ringing. I turned my alarm off, and slowly peeled the covers off of myself, and crept out of bed.

Like usual, I shivered in the brisk morning air. I stood up tall and stretched my back. I let out a big yawn, and slowly walked over to my closet. I searched for an outfit for the day. After around ten minutes of shuffling through every article of clothing that I own, I finally found something suitable to wear. I hurried to change out of my pajamas and into my clothes. I let out another groggy yawn before continuing my process of getting ready for the day.

Today was my first day of my junior year at a brand new school. I wasn't exactly thrilled to be going to a new school, where I had less than zero friends. All I wanted was to stay in Washington. After the divorce, Mom got full custody of Lance and I. She didn't want to live anywhere near Dad. So she, Lance and I packed our lives up and moved to California.

I hair sprayed my wand curled hair into place, and put on a few coats of mascara. I spritzed myself with a few sprays of my favorite perfume. I turned my light off, shut my door behind me, and trotted down the stairs. Mom was at the counter making pancakes, and frying bacon.

"Go wake up your brother?" She asked me as I walked into the kitchen. I nodded my head, and walked back up the stairs to Lance's room.

"Lance," I said softly, as I opened the door to his bedroom. I flicked his light on, and walked over to his bed. I grabbed his covers and yanked them off of him.

"Wake up, Lance! It's your first day of school today!" I screamed in his face. I peered at his guitar clock that was hanging on his wall. It read 7:48 a.m. Lance covered his head with a pillow and mumbled,

"Ugh, don't remind me."

I told him to get up one last time, and I exited his bedroom. I returned to the kitchen and placed myself on a barstool. Mom fixed me a plate and set it in front of me on the counter. I could smell the bacon, and my stomach growled at me. My mouth began to water as I lathered my pancakes in butter. I watched as the butter immediately melted into the pancakes. I drowned them in syrup, grabbed my fork, and dug in.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Author's Note:

Dedication: @Larry_Lashton

Thank you for being a huge inspiration to me. You motivate me to write my best, and it's gotten me decently far. I know you don't take requests, but this is a story I've written off of your motivation.