Chapter Forty One

Harley's POV:

"Doctor Watson, she's awake and stable." ...

My eyes darted from left to right across the room. I had just been abruptly awoken from my flashback by a whole stampede of doctors and nursing staff rushing over to my bed.

"How are you feeling?" Doctor Watson asked me, stepping closer beside my bed.

I swallowed hard before answering to the doctor.

Hayden is standing over there...

I tensed up, but I soon made myself relax. If I start acting strange, they'll interrogate me.

And in this point in time, an interrogation is the last thing that I need.

"I-I think.. I think I'm okay," I choked out hesitantly, clearing my throat afterward.

I looked over to all of the persons standing in the corner. There were still only six people that weren't part of the hospital staff. I nearly shuddered when my eyes scanned over Hayden, but I caught myself before doing so.

"That's great news. We nearly lost you today," Said Doctor Watson, very calm.

I wish that they would have been unsuccessful in reviving me.

When I was still unconscious, I could hear pretty much everything that was going on around me. I heard Doctor Watson tell Leah and Nash that they had discovered more than just a bump on my head when they examined my condition. I listened intently to him telling my best friend of my scars, and of my recent cuts. I listened as he told the boy whom I am so deeply in love with about the trauma to my head that I had suffered, but had not gotten cared for. I listened as he told them of all of my bruises, all of my fractured ribs.

Unconscious, but not unaware.

I looked to my family and friends nervously, and carried on the conversation with Doctor Watson. I thought to myself about all of my secrets. All of my secrets that had now been thrown into the open. My secrets were now up for debate, and I couldn't objectify.

Doctor Watson had stated his opinion. He told the world of what he thought had happened to me.

And I can no longer lie about it. He's torn off the bandage that has been covering this secret for a decade. Now I'm left with an open wound that must be taken care of.

"Yeah, I know." I answered, scratching my lower forearm.

"Well I'm glad that you're still with us," Doctor Watson sounded so sincere with every word that escaped his lips.

He is one of those doctors that every patient loves. He truly cares for each and every patient, and he has no trouble making that known.

"So am I," I laughed nervously, and faked a half smile.

The room went silent, and all eyes were on me.

"We are going to have to keep you here over night," He told me, holding onto the railing of my hospital bed.

"Okay," I coughed.

"Well, I'll be back in here in around half an hour to see how you're doing. Okay?" I nodded, and with that, he and the rest of the hospital staff exited my room.

One by one, people came up to me.

"Oh Harley, you scared me today. I didn't think you were gonna make it," My mother was the first to come up to me. Tears brimming in her eyes.

"Mom, I'm okay." I lied. She brought her hands up to her face and began to sob into them. She stopped after a moment or two, and took me into a very large hug.

"Mom, I-I can't breathe..." She laughed through her tears, and let go. She smiled at me, and walked back over to where Kenneth and Berkley were sitting. She took Berkley into her arms, and nudged Kenneth to come over and speak to me.

"Harley," He wore a sympathetic smile, and folded his arms over his chest.

"Kenneth," I coughed.

He leaned down and hugged me, trying not to get too emotional in front of everyone.

"I'm glad you're okay," He whispered into my ear before walking back over to my mom.

Suddenly, Berkley jumped from my mother's lap and ran over to me. Berkley is my younger sister. She is the product of Kenneth and my mother. She's ten years old, and very energetic.

"Harley! You're alive!" She squealed, running as fast as she could over to me. She nearly jumped on top of me.

"Yes, I'm alive." I laughed, bringing her in for a hug.

She let go and ran back over to my parents. Now it was Leah's turn to come and talk to me. It was like everyone in the room just had a silent agreement to see me one on one.

"Thank god you're okay," She whispered, walking closer to me. Tears were already starting to roll down her cheeks.

"Leah, don't cry." I said faintly, my eyes starting to gloss up in tears.

"I can't help it," She sobbed. "My best friend almost died today!" She wiped the tears away with the palm of her hand.

"Don't remind me," I laughed a little.

I guess trying to make this out as a joke wasn't working.

I could tell that my mother was talking to Hayden in the back of the room. After I hugged Leah for a long period of time, she walked back to the chair in the corner. The second that her butt hit that chair, Nash was up and in the air. He was over here even quicker than Berkley was.

"Harley," He whispered, kneeling next to my bed.

"Nash," I smiled, thinking to myself about how lucky I was to have the one and only Nash Grier in my hospital room.

"Are you okay?" He whispered in my ear, taking my hand in his. He bent over to engulf me into a giant bear hug. He squeezed me so hard that I was gasping for air, but I wasn't complaining.

"I'm okay," I whispered to him. "And I heard every word that you said to me when I was still unconscious," I laughed, and gave him a small peck on the cheek.

His face lit up, and his cheeks turned bright red. Shortly after, a smile crept up onto his face.

"Oh..." He scratched the back of his neck, still blushing. "You did?" He looked to the floor, and got up to his feet.

I smiled, and nodded rather than replying.

"Good,"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

This chapter is honestly terrible. I apologize.

But what I've got planned for next chapter will be better. So, think of this as a filler chapter? Cx

I don't know. Haha.

***

Since today is Wednesday, that makes tomorrow Thursday.

Thursday is Thanksgiving.

So, hey.

All of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and don't cry too hard when you realize that I won't be updating tomorrow. Cx

***

Jk, you guys don't even care! Cx

Happy Thanksgiving guys. ☻