Chapter Eleven

Cameron's POV:

I rinsed the rest of the soap off of my body, and shut off the water. I grabbed a towel out of the linen closet and began drying myself off. I shook my head like a dog, flinging droplets of water all around my bathroom. I laughed to myself, and wrapped the towel around my waist.

I unlocked the door and walked back into my bedroom. Nobody was home except me, so I didn't have any need to lock my bathroom door. I guess it's just a habit. Probably a good one.

I put on some clean boxers, and l sat down on the edge of my bed.

No one is here, no need to get dressed.

I scooted myself back, and unplugged my phone from the charger.

8:22 PM.

I unlocked it, and started going through my notifications. I had a new message.

I entered my messages, and saw one from Leah.

I smiled to myself, and went into our messages.

From Leah: Awe, you are so cute. (: Oh, and I'm sorry for such a late reply! I was uh.. dealing with some personal stuff.

Well that explains why she took so damn long to reply!

Oh my god, Cameron. Stop falling for her. You barely know her. I keep trying to tell myself this, but I can't seem to get through to myself.

To Leah: Oh, no worries. I hope that everything is okay?

Yeah, I don't sound too creepy. I hope.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Leah's POV:

My sobbing lessened as I realized that there was absolutely nothing I could do to fix this. Dad already chose Cathy over us. We already live in California.

Thank God for that.

I don't think that I would be able to carry on if I still had to see his pathetic face every day.

I wouldn't want to, either. He betrayed Mom. He betrayed all of us. It sounds harsh when I say this, but it's true.

I hate him.

I looked down to my phone after feeling it vibrate. I silenced it after texting Cameron. I had cried so much that I inflicted a migraine upon myself. Oops.

Just as I thought, it was a text from Cameron. I was still too upset to smile, but the butterflies didn't cease to appear.

From Cameron: Oh, no worries. I hope that everything is okay?

It makes me happy to know that he cares. I could feel myself starting to like him more and more with every text that I got from him.

To Cameron: Yeah, I'm better now. Even the best of us go through nervous break downs sometimes! Cx

I was trying my hardest to play this off as a joke, and fool myself that I was okay.

But I'm not okay.

It was now 8:30, and Mom was finally home. I heard her open the garage, then close it. Moments later the sound of the door leading into our house from the garage echoed throughout our home. I heard her heels click from the tile in the kitchen, all the way to the hardwood in the hall. The clicks approached my room, and she knocked quietly.