Chapter Eight

Leah's POV:

I sat there very impatiently waiting for him to reply. I watched my phone screen go from black to white. The little message icon appeared on my screen.

It's a text from Cameron.

I feel really stupid for freaking out every time my phone goes off, and I see that it's a message from him.

From Cameron: Oh.. I don't know. I just, I'm sorry if this is weird.. I know that we just met today, but I think that I like you...

Did he just say that he likes me?

Oh my god. I could feel my heart start pounding from within my chest. It beat faster and harder with every word that I typed into the message bar.

To Cameron: You do?? Awe Cameron! It's not weird, I feel the same way. (:

I just told him that I like him. Holy frickin' crap. The butterflies in my stomach started up again. I watched the clock on my phone, and as the minutes ticked by, my heart sank. He's not going to reply. I was probably just one of his pranks. I was just the new girl he decided to break. Wasn't I?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cameron's POV:

Did she just say that she feels the same way? Am I dreaming?

My heart started beating a thousand beats per second, I swear. I felt as if I were high. How was this girl making me so giddy with just one text message?

Wait. But this is no ordinary text message... She just told me that she likes me back. My heart is literally soaring right now.

To Leah: Are you being serious? Because I was smitten today when I saw that beautiful smile of yours. (:

Without thinking, I hit the send button. Did I really just say 'I was smitten'?! Nice, Cameron. Who says smitten? God I'm stupid.

I know it sounds stupid to wait on a girl to text me back, but there was something about this girl. Something that made my heart sing. Whatever it is about her, I'll find out. I'm gonna get her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Yeah, yeah. I know. This chapter is really short.

I did that intentionally. I'm home alone today until my little sister gets home from school, so from now until then....I will be doing what all teenage girls do when they're home alone!

THROWING A PARTY!!!

Not really. I'm going to be sitting on my couch in my pajamas all day watching The Fosters on Netflix.

When I finish the season, I'll either find some new series to watch or I'll update again!

(When I say that, it means that I will be updating again today)

 ***

Anyways, yeah. I'd like to give a big thanks to all of you that are reading. I mean, I know this isn't great...so thank you to all of you readers that are reading. It means a lot!

And if you would ever so kindly comment what you think, and vote if you liked it... That'd also mean a lot!