Chapter Forty Eight

Cameron's POV:

It's Christmas break at school right now, and things could not be better. Everything in my life is just going really well right now.

I would ask Leah if she wanted to hang out today, but I've got basketball practice. Oh well. She's got plans with Nash anyway.

I am so glad that they are friends.

I sat at the kitchen table with my mom, eating the delicious plate of pancakes that she had made for me. I was already ready for the day, all I had to do was put my shoes on. 

"Thank you, Mom." I smiled, taking my plate over to the sink. I turned the water on and rinsed off the syrup. 

My mom nodded at me and smiled. It made me happy when I actually got to spend time with her, seeing as she's so often gone on business trips. Days like this were nice.

Sometimes I sit back and think to myself about how grateful that I am for everything in my life. I'm grateful to have a mother that cares so much for me, even though she can't always be there. I'm grateful to have a best friend like Nash who I know that I can count on, no matter the situation. I'm grateful to be in a relationship with the girl of my dreams, and to be so happy with her. And I'm grateful to have such amazing fans all over the world.

I smiled to myself, lost in thought. Life is good.

"I better get to practice," I told my mom, leaning over the counter to give her a hug. She gave me a small peck on the cheek, and told me to have fun. I grabbed my keys off of the counter and walked out to the garage. I got in my car and I was off.

I drove to Chino Hills Community Center and parked my car. I had a parking pass, so my lot was reserved. 

14250 Peyton Drive

Chino Hills, CA, 91709

(909) 364-2826

Bryant, our coach, had reserved one of the fitness rooms for practice. Usually practices were held on Fridays at 4:30 pm. That way it was after school. But since it was Christmas break and none of us had school, he scheduled practice at 8:00 am.

I locked my car and entered through the front doors of the building. 

"Hey, Cameron!" The young receptionist at the front desk knew my name, and was always trying to flirt with me. I've made it evident that I have a girlfriend, but I don't really think that she cares. 

"Hi, Gina." I laughed under my breath after waving. She excitedly waved back.

I felt her gaze follow me as I walked down the hall to the fitness room. She's even tried to ask me for my phone number once or twice, playing it off as though she'd need it for future reference. 

She wants me. 

Nope. 

I continued down the hall to the room in which Bryant scheduled practice. I looked to my phone to check the time. 7:42.

On time, phew.

"Hey, Cam my man!" Bryant called out, walking over to me. We did our team handshake and he told me to go get changed into my jersey.

I jogged off into the boy's locker room and got changed. I left my clothes in an empty locker and went back out to start practice. By now, the whole team was here.

"Are you boys ready?" Bryant cheered, pulling us all into a huddle. We then began shouting our team chant.

Dribble it, Dribble it