Chapter Twenty Six

Leah's POV:

I opened the door to Nash's car.

His very nice car.

I hopped inside and buckled myself in. When he made his way to the other side of the car, he got in.

"So where's your house?" He laughed, buckling his seat belt.

He put the car into gear and we drove out of Cameron's driveway.

"I live like ten minutes away if there's little traffic," I said. "Just go straight on that road," I pointed as we drove onto the road leading out of Cameron's neighborhood.

Nash nodded his head, and kept his eyes on the road before him.

The radio was playing very faintly as I looked out the window.

"Oh, turn left here at this light." I said as we pulled up to a stop light.

He pulled up to the light and chuckled softly under his breath.

He's kind of weird. But he's cute.

The car ride so far has been awkward. I don't know what to talk about, or what to say to him.

"Okay it's this neighborhood right here on the left," I pointed, and he turned.

"You have a really nice car by the way," I smiled to him. When I did, he looked away.

Does he not like me...?

"Which house?" He asked, looking over at me.

"The tan one right up here," I said, pointing.

"Okay, you can come in if you want." I said. He unbuckled and followed behind me.

We walked up to my door, and I pulled out my keys to unlock the door. I walked in, and immediately I saw Lance playing Xbox on the couch.

"C'mon Nash, this way." I laughed, pulling him in by his arm. He shut the door behind him and followed me up to my room. Lance didn't even turn to look at us. He was entranced in his game.

After we walked up the stairs to my room, Nash scratched the back of his neck. "Was that your brother?" He asked, looking around at all the stuff in my room.

"Yeah, his name is Lance." I said, looking back at him after rummaging through my swim suit drawer.

"Oh, cool."

Nash is a lot more awkward than I would have imagined.

"Hey," I said, startling him. He jumped and turned to me.

"Yeah...?" He looked nervous.

Weird.

"Which one?" I held two bikinis out to him. The one in my right hand was white with a ruffle top, and the one in my left hand had a striped white and blue bottom with a strapless white top with a blue anchor on the left breast.

He scrunched his nose trying to decide.

"I'd go with the anchor one," He said, pointing to it.

I smiled at him, and he turned to the floor again.

What is up with him? I'm only trying to be friendly...

"Okay, I will bring that one." I said, turning to my door.

"Nash," I had to snap him out of his daydream. He was looking at some pictures of me and my friends from Washington. He smiled really big when he came to the one of just Kaylee and I.