Chapter Six

"Good Morning class," the teacher started saying. "This is health class, and I am Mr. Preston." The teacher started to list his expectations of our class this year, and his classroom rules. He proceeded to call role, and after that we played the 'name game.'

With a twist.

He made us each tell a fact about us, or something that we liked to do. I was sitting in the very back row of the class, so when the line snaked itself around to me... I had to know all of the names of all of the students who had gone previous to me. But not only did I have to know their names, I had to know what they liked to do as well. Plus I had to think about what I was going to say when the line got to me.

The game started in the front left side of the room. Great. I better start paying attention. The first person to go was a girl in a pink crop top that said in bold black letters, "You can't sit with us"

A mean girls reference maybe?

"My name is Amy, and I like to go shopping." The tone of voice that she spoke in made her seem so stuck up. Ew.

I guess the line went down through the rows, because right after her, the kid sitting behind her started talking.

"That's Amy, and she likes to go shopping," He hesitated before he spoke. "My name is Eric, and I like to play baseball."

Baseball? Okay...

The game continued down through the rows. It took longer and longer as the people began forgetting what people had said.

Why do we have to play this?

Soon enough, the game had snaked through four rows. The person in front of me started naming off all of the people, and what they liked to do. He did it with ease, too. Wow.

Once he had finished naming everyone, he stated his name.

"I'm Cameron," His voice was angelic.

Cameron... All he had to do was say his own name, and I was already buckling at the knees. I had barely spoken to this boy... Why was I already feeling like this?

"I'm Cameron, and I like to record vines." The classroom went silent for a moment. Then all of the sudden, the entire class busted out in laughter. What's wrong with liking to record vines? I don't even know.

Soon everybody's eyes turned to me. Cameron's face turned bright red in embarrassment, and he sunk down into his seat. It was my turn.

I sat there awkwardly, trying to remember the names of all of the other people. All I could think about was Cameron. His perfect hair, and twinkly hazel eyes. I thought about how his lips would curl into a smile every time I responded to him.

I finally choked out all the names of which that I knew, and the teacher shook his head in approval. I think he was cutting me some slack. There were at least forty people that went before me. He must've thought I had trouble remembering. Hmm.

***

The bell rang, and I stood up from my chair. I leaned down to the floor, and picked up my backpack. I stood back up, and to my surprise, I saw Cameron.

"Hey," He smiled again. Oh no. This boy could melt me with just one smile.

My heart started pounding. What was happening to me?!

"Hey!" I exclaimed, a little louder than intended. Ew. I sounded so desperate.

"So I was going to ask before class, but the bell rang..." His cheeks started to turn red, and he looked to the floor.

What was he going to ask me? I started getting anxious.

"I was just wondering, could I uh.. Well.. I wanted to know, um would it be okay if I asked you for your number?"

My number? My heart dropped into my stomach.

"Of course you can have my number!" He handed me his phone, his contacts app already opened. I pressed the button in the top right corner that had a plus sign. I entered my name as "Leah (:" and typed in my number. I took a really ugly picture of myself, and set it as the photo for my contact ID. I passed his phone back to him, and giggled a little.

He thanked me and said, "I'll text you."

There were so many butterflies racing around in my stomach. It was like a butterfly Nascar event in there. He smiled as he walked away.

***

The bell rang indicating that school was over. Finally. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and turned the volume all the way up. I went into my messages, and started a message to Lance.

To Lance: Hey, I'm just gonna walk to your car. Meet me there?

I walked to his car, and stood by the door. A minute or two passed by when I heard my phone go off. I looked down at my screen, and unlocked my phone. Lance texted me back.

From Lance: Kay I'm coming

Soon after he replied, Lance walked up to the car. We got in, and drove home together.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

I just got home from school, and I had no homework or chores today, so here's the update. I don't know if I like this chapter or not... what do you guys think? Cx

I'll update tomorrow. Or maybe again later because I have no plans today, and I have no life.

Anyways, comment what you think and vote if you liked it! Thanks.