Chapter Fifty Five

Leah's POV:

"How could you do that to me?" These seven words are the exact seven words that I hoped he wouldn't ask me.

I stood there dumbfounded, unable to speak.

Cameron sat there against the tree, his neck turned almost all the way around. His eyes were squinted into a glare, and it made me want to cry.

He had never given me such a cold hearted look before.

I deserve this.

"I-I.. Cameron," That was all I managed to say. Another tear rolled down his cheek, his eyes locked on mine.

"Cameron..." I didn't know what to say to him.

I collapsed to my knees, sharp pebbles stabbing my legs through my jeans.

"Is that all that you have to say? Cameron?" The tone of voice that he spoke to me in broke my heart.

I slowly shook my head side to side, and managed to cough out a quiet "No,"

His lips formed into a scowl, and he shook his head at me. Tears continued to roll down his face, and they started to roll down mine as well.

"Nash told me he loved me," I watched as his facial expression changed. He went from scowling and sorrowful to furious with a hint of jealousy in a split second. "He told me that he loved me, and that he had since the moment he first laid eyes on me."

I knew now that I couldn't hold this all in. I had to speak, Cameron deserved the truth.

"I didn't mean for it to happen," I wasn't lying. "Somehow... I am not even sure how, but.. we kissed. I guess that I liked the sense of danger?"

Cameron scowled at me again, burying his face into his hands. I could hear his soft sobs, and it made me feel as though someone had just cut my heart from my chest and stomped on it repeatedly.

"You liked the sense of danger?" He lifted his head from his hands. "You cheated on me with my best friend because you liked the sense of danger?" He was talking calmly, but you could tell that he was very upset.

I snapped my eyes shut and nodded my head 'yes.'

"Nash took me out to breakfast before we went to see Harley in the hospital," I cried. "Well at the hospital I found out something big..."

Cameron raised his arm up and shrugged his shoulders.

"What did you find out?" He asked with much annoyance in his voice.

"Harley was raped, Cameron.." I said quietly, and I watched his facial expression change again. "She was raped by her step brother. And it wasn't just a one-time thing, either. He raped her numerous times, and he physically abused her."

Cameron threw his head down into his hands again, breathing heavily.

"Well after I found out, I told Nash. And I don't know..." I started fidgeting with my fingers. "Neither of us wanted to be alone after that, and.. well... it just sort of happened."

Cameron still sat with his head in his hands, crouched down next to a palm tree.

"I didn't mean for it to happen," I cried. "Cameron, I love you so much... I would never intentionally hurt you like that."

He lifted his head up once again, turning his neck to face me.

"Intentional or not, this fucking hurts." He said that so bluntly that a stoner could use his words to smoke and get high.

I crawled on top of the small jagged rocks, wincing at the pain. I crawled all the way over to where Cameron was sitting, and I sat beside him.

I reached for his hand, but he pulled it away.

"Cameron," I said softly, wishing that he would look at me.

I realized that forgiveness was something that had to be earned. Forgiveness is not something that is just handed out.

Do I even deserve his forgiveness?

Probably not.

"Cam?" I asked sadly, trying my hardest not to start crying. I knew that if I started, I wouldn't be able to stop.

***

After a minute of silent sobbing, he turned his head to face me.

"How am I supposed to forgive you, Leah?" He asked, literally ripping my heart straight from my chest.

I didn't know how to answer his question.

"You don't have to forgive me, Cameron..." I frowned at the ground, rubbing the spot on my leg where a sharp rock was poking into me.

We sat together in silence for a moment, sadness in the air like thick fog.

"I love you," I said unknowingly, wiping the tears spilling from my eyes.

Cameron looked up from the ground and into my eyes.

"I love you too." He said sadly, almost as if he wished that he didn't love me back.

"And Cameron?" I asked, biting my lip.

"What?"

"I'm pregnant."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I know you all hate me now.

This is the end.

Wow.

***

Okay, so.

Yeah.

Thank you to all who have read this. It means a lot to me.

I know this chapter is very short and pretty shitty...

But I had to end it on a cliff hanger.

(;

***

SEQUEL:

Um I don't know when I will be posting the sequel...

I haven't started on it yet.

But I know it won't be for a while.

Please don't hate me.

***

I love you all <3

YEET squad 5eva baes.