Chapter Thirteen

Leah's POV:

I walked into third period, taking my seat on the left side of the classroom. The teacher told us to talk among ourselves until class started, and then she'd take roll. I started talking to this girl I became acquainted with yesterday. Her name is Harley.

"How was the rest of your first day of school?" She asked me.

"It was actually alright." I half smiled, and we continued talking.

"You should give me your number," She said hesitantly, passing her unlocked phone to me.

I smiled, and typed in my number. From what I've gotten to know about her so far, I can tell that we will be friends.

Harley has long dark blonde hair with bleached highlights, and the ends dyed red. She has pale pastel blue eyes that glisten when sunlight hits her face. She wears small rectangular framed glasses, and she has a nice figure. Her teeth are straight, and she likes pretty much all the same stuff that I do.

I passed her phone back to her, and she laughed nervously.

"So I'm guessing that you're not native to this area either...?" I asked, my face looking to the clock.

I only asked that because she had a different accent than most of the kids who go to this school.

"Yeah," She smiled awkwardly, and continued talking. "I'm not from California, I'm from Omaha." I nodded, and told her that I'm new here too from Seattle.

I pulled a notebook and a blue pen from my bag, and set them on the desk in front of me. The teacher walked to the front of the class, and started the day.

***

I pulled my phone from my pocket as the bell to go home rang. I opened my messages, and sent one to Lance.

To Lance: Hey, just go home without me. I'm going over to a friend's today.

After I hit send, I started a message to Mom.

To Mom: Hey, I don't know when I'll be home, but I'm going to hang out at a friend's, is that okay?

I stood by the flag pole in front of the school and waited for Cameron.

I was so excited to hang out with him today.

I felt my phone vibrate in my hand.

From Mom: That's fine, Hun. But what friend?

Well at least she said yes.

To Mom: His name is Cameron.

Cameron walked out of the front doors, and started walking over to me.

From Mom: A boy? (;

Oh god.

To Mom: Yes, Mom. A boy! He just came outside, gotta go!

I pressed send, and turned to Cameron.

Cameron. A smile appeared on my face as I started walking over to him.

"Hey, gorgeous. Are you ready?" He leaned close to me, and whispered into my ear.

I was speechless, and could only reply with a huge grin, and a nod of my head.

"Okay, come on." He nudged my shoulder, and guided me in the direction of his car. We walked into the student parking lot, and headed towards a very nice cherry red Chevy Camaro.

My dream car.

"Is this your car!?" I asked, stunned. I picked my jaw up from off the floor, and he opened the passenger door for me. He walked around to the other side of the car, shaking his head yes as he climbed in.