Chapter Seventeen

Leah's POV:

{Friday after school}

From Harley: Hey whatcha doing later?

I unlocked my phone to see a message from Harley. She and I had gotten closer throughout the week.

Finally the first week of school is over.

To Harley: I'm going on a date with Cameron!

Almost immediately the bubbles popped up on my screen indicating she had seen my message, and was now responding. I heard the noise that iPhones make when you receive a new message.

From Harley: Oh okay.. Have fun..

She most likely wanted to hang out. I'll just ask if she is busy tomorrow.

To Harley: Yeah, but if you're not too busy tomorrow, we should hang out!?

Harley was pretty cool. I really like her personality. I think that is one of the main reasons that she and I get along so well.

From Harley: Oh, yeah! What do you want to do though?

I stood in front of my bathroom mirror, carefully wrapping small sections of my hair around my hot curling wand. I finished curling the piece I had in hand, and picked my phone up to see what Harley had said.

To Harley: Let's go bowling or something!

I picked up my last section of hair and began wrapping it carefully around the wand. I released it into the perfect curl. Cameron said he'd be here at 7:00 to pick me up for our surprise date.

I wonder what it is?

From Harley: Yeah that sounds fun! Do you want to bring Cameron, or just you and me?

Well duh I want to bring Cameron. But is she okay with that?

To Harley: I'll only invite him if you're okay with that.

I redid my makeup, and sealed my lips with a quick layer of gloss. I tussled with my hair for a moment, squirting hair spray in it. I sprayed some perfume on my neck, and a little in my hair and I was ready. I glanced at the clock.

6:49

Cameron would be here soon.

From Harley: Yeah that's cool! I want to get to know him more!

I guess since Cameron is my boyfriend he doesn't really count as a friend. Harley is one of the only other people at my school whom I actually associate with. Everyone else either annoys me, or are too cocky for me to even consider wasting my breath attempting to speak with them. So Harley is pretty much my best friend at this point.

To Harley: Okay, I'll tell him tonight! (:

I hope she wasn't just telling me to bring Cameron along to be nice..

I looked down to my phone again.

6:52

He should be here any minute now.

I did a last minute makeup check, and walked out of my room. I trotted down the stairs, my hair bouncing with each step. Since this date is a surprise, I had no idea what to wear. I had no idea what attire this date called for, so I just stuck to wearing dark wash jeans with tears right above the knee. I had a violet cardigan on top of my cream colored tank top. I retied the laces on my white converse, and sat on the couch.

Mom walked around the corner from the kitchen and plopped herself next to me. She rubbed my back and told me to have fun on my date.

Just then, the doorbell rang.