Chapter Fifty One

Leah's POV:

"Why did Cameron run out of here so fast?"

Hayes looked to me as my jaw hit the floor.

Cameron was here? My mind was moving slower than a sloth, but in the back of my mind I knew that meant that it was Cameron who had walked in on Nash and I.

Nash's face went white, he looked more pale than I had ever seen him before.

Oh no.

The urge to vomit came over me again, and I rushed to the kitchen sink. I thought that I had thrown up everything in Nash's bathroom, but I guess I was wrong.

I leaned over the counter and threw my head down into the sink. I began vomiting once again, and Nash came running back in.

"Leah, are you okay?" He asked me, running his fingers up and down my back. He pulled my hair out of my face so that I wouldn't get any puke on it.

"Leah?" I heard Elizabeth, Nash's mother, call from the living room. "You okay, sweetie?"

Suddenly stampedes of footsteps were heard on the hardwood floors. Hayes darted into the kitchen, not bothering to pause his game. Elizabeth followed closely behind him.

I hate it when I draw attention to myself, especially in scenarios like this.

"Leah! Are you sick?" Hayes rushed over to me, pushing Nash out of the way.

I leaned over the counter, my head bowed into the sink.

"Nash, honey, you should take her home. She should get some rest." Elizabeth nudged Hayes, practically saying for him to go out of the kitchen and back into the living room.

I lifted my head up out of the sink and tried to speak.

"B-But, I drove here?" I coughed, barely able to get the words out.

Elizabeth's eyebrows scrunched together, and she raised one of them.

"Well, Hayes is only fourteen or I'd have him follow behind you in Nash's car." With that said, Hayes' eyes lit up.

Nash never let anybody drive his car, ever. Not even Cameron. His car was his baby, the one possession he owned in which he payed for all on his own.

"He is not driving my car!" Nash shouted, looking back at Hayes.

Elizabeth stood back and rolled her eyes as Hayes sat down on a bar stool and began to pout.

"Fine, Nash. Hayes can follow behind you in my car. Just get this poor girl home and into bed." Nash sighed in relief, and Hayes was practically jumping at the fact that his mother was going to let him take her car without a learner's permit.

"My car keys are in Nash's room," I choked out. "And my shoes."

I wiped my mouth before standing up from the counter. I turned the sink on to wash all of the vomit down the drain.

"Okay," Elizabeth clasped her hands together. "Hayes, go put on some shoes."

Nash took my hand and led me up the long staircase to his bedroom. I sat on the edge of his bed, running my fingers through my hair.

"Um.. Can I ask you a weird question?" Nash asked, rocking back on his heels after picking up my keys.

"What is it?" I asked, tying my shoelaces.

"Uh.. Am I, a-am I the reason that you're sick? Like did us.. did we.. uh.. you know, did that make you sick?" Nash stuttered, barely able to find the words.