Chapter Thirty One

Nash's POV:

I heard my phone go off from the kitchen. I hurried and finished brushing my teeth before leaving the bathroom. I ran my fingers through my hair as I ran down the stairway. I grabbed my phone from the counter, knowing it was Cameron.

From Cameron: Hey, we are waiting outside. C'mon.

I checked myself in the mirror before going out the door. I basically sprinted to Cameron's car. It was already 6:20, so we had ten minutes to get to the bowling alley. I tapped on the window signaling for Cameron to unlock the door after fumbling back when it didn't open. He unlocked it, and I hopped into the back seat.

I don't like sitting back here.

It's weird to be sitting in the back seat of Cameron's car. I only sit back here when he's hauling all of the guys around. But even then, I usually call shotgun.

I quickly buckled myself in, and we were off.

"Hey guys," I said, keeping my face towards the window as the world was passing by me.

"Hey," Cameron said. Leah just turned her head back to me and flashed me a small smile.

Don't even think about how pretty she looks, Nash. Don't do it.

I ran my fingers through my hair again and set my phone down in my lap. A familiar song came on the radio.

Finally, a song that doesn't correlate with my liking Leah.

Shit. Nash, you're not supposed to think about her.

Cameron turned the volume almost all the way up in the car, and the bass was pounding.

♫ They say my lip gloss is cool,

My lip gloss be poppin'

I'm standing at my locker,

And all the boys keep stoppin' ♫

It was nice to hear a song that didn't remind me of her. Cameron and I both started dancing like idiots, and we sang at the top of our lungs. Leah just gave us a weird look, which only made us sing louder and dance weirder.

Strangers in cars beside us would turn their heads and give us disapproving glares, but we didn't care. We just rolled the windows down, and let the loud music pour into the atmosphere. Some people would look at Leah with concerning stares. She just raised her brows at them and shook her head, trying her hardest not to laugh.

♫ When it's time for lunch,

My lips still rock

Lil' mama melon with the hot pink top,

Cherry, vanilla

Flavors is a virtual;

They lovin', lip gloss Universal ♫

Cameron and I threw our heads back laughing when a little old lady rolled up next to us at a red light. Our bass was still blaring, causing the entire car to shake. The lady pulled up to us, barely able to see over her dash board. She had white hair, and little glasses that sat on the brim of her nose. She almost looked too old to drive.

When she pulled up next to us and saw us dancing, she rolled down her passenger window and said,

"It looks like you boys really know how to party," She honked the horn of her little blue Fiat 500. She started to move her body to the music, and surprisingly, she started to sing along.