Chapter Fifty Three

Leah's POV:

This is it.

I opened my eyes to see the pregnancy test before me.

I was so desperately hoping that there would only be one pink line in the result oval.

I drew in a deep breath, and held it. I gained the courage to look at the results, and my eyes darted to the answer to my biggest fear.

I let out the breath that I was withholding as my eyes scanned over the clear image of two pink lines in the result oval.

My heart sank lower in my chest than it ever had before.

I'm pregnant.

I gasped, and suddenly a whole new waterfall of tears overcame me.

I placed the overcap back on the test and stood up from the toilet. I slid the test back into the box and placed the box into my purse. I buttoned my jeans and flushed the toilet. I unlocked the door to the stall and walked over to the sink. I washed my hands and exited the store with more tears than when I walked in.

Now I really needed to find Cameron.

There was no possible way for the baby to be Nash's, considering he and I had only had sex one time. Today.

I walked slowly to my vehicle, unlocking the doors to let myself inside. I wanted to drive home to pee on the other stick. I needed to make sure that the first test wasn't just a false positive. I needed to assure myself that my biggest fear had actually come true, and that karma wasn't just playing a cruel joke on me for cheating on Cameron with Nash.

It made sense to me that the test came out positive. That would explain all of the recent vomiting. Morning sickness.

I started the car and looked at the clock on the dash. 4:18.

I backed out of the parking stall I was in after buckling myself in. I headed in the direction of home, but got scared that my mom or Lance could be home.

I wanted to drive to Harley's house, but I knew that I couldn't. Even if I did, she wasn't there. She was still with her grandmother.

The only other person I could go to right now was Nash.

I thought that if I just showed up again after all that went down this morning, he would get very upset. I was going to have to be a big girl and pee on the stick in my own bathroom in my own house.

Gulp.

I drove back home, hesitant to go inside. After hiding in my car for nearly twenty minutes, I told myself that I wasn't helping anything by hiding from my family.

For all they knew, I was still at Nash's house. It didn't even make sense to hide in my car. They wouldn't know what I was hiding from if they found me, anyway.

So I got out.

I locked the doors and walked up to the front door. I inserted my house key into the slot, turning it ever so slowly.

I heard the click of the knob, meaning the door was unlocked.

I twisted the handle and entered the house.

Lance was sitting on the couch in the living room playing Destiny, like usual.

He glanced over to me after pausing his game.

"Leah?" He asked, looking at me, obviously noticing my tear stained face. "You okay?"

I sighed, glancing to my purse. There was no way that I was going to tell him.