Chapter Four

Both Lance and I threw our backpacks onto the floor. We launched ourselves onto the couch, and immediately turned on the TV. Lance had the remote, and began flipping through the channels. Spongebob was on, and we decided to watch that. It was the episode with Doodlebob, and the giant magic pencil.

"I'm going to grab a snack," I said, looking over at Lance. I stood up from the couch and walked over to where he was sitting.

"Want me to grab you anything?" I stood behind him, and waited for him to respond. He looked over at me. His thinking face with his scrunched up nose, and twitchy eyebrows stared blankly into nothing. I laughed under my breath as his eyebrows went back to normal. He stopped scrunching his nose, and looked back at me.

"Yeah, will you grab me a Popsicle and a can of redbull?" He turned back to watch the TV as I nodded. I walked around the corner to the kitchen. As I rummaged through the fridge, I dug out a can of redbull for Lance. I grabbed a Popsicle from the freezer, and a pint sized caramel mocha ice cream. I closed the freezer and walked back to the couch in the living room.

I handed him his Popsicle and redbull, and plopped myself back into my seat. I situated myself and began to eat my ice cream. It smelled so good. It smelled like a freshly blended caramel mocha frappe from Starbucks.

The little ice cream lid came fully equipped with a small red spoon. All you had to do was break it off, and there you had it.

After Spongebob ended, Lance and I both went up to our bedrooms. I lied down on my bed and thought to myself in the silence. I started to remember what it was like living in Washington when my parents weren't divorced. Dad always talked to me after the first day of school.

"Leah, you're going to do great this year!" He would tell me. I always just gave him an awkward half smile.

"Don't worry bumblebee," He had called me bumblebee since I was a little girl. It was his pet name for me.

"This year will be just as good as every other year. You're just getting older, that's all." He would comfort me and tell me how great of a student I had always been. After we talked, he'd always take me out for pizza and ice cream.

We went alone. It was our special thing. Mom and Lance never came with us. This was the first year since I started preschool that we didn't go.

I missed that.

I missed Dad. Life was still so weird living without him. California was still weird to me.

I pulled out my headphones and plugged them in. 'Gotta be you' by One Direction came on. I hummed along, and fell asleep.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-Author's Note:

Hey guys! Now I'll update every day from here on out. (Well if possible)

Remember to comment what you think!

And please vote if you liked it! (: