Chapter Nineteen

Cameron's POV:

Leah's face lit up as I pulled the milkshake from the duffle bag.

"A milkshake?" She said sarcastically.

There were two straws placed conveniently in the milkshake. As I set it down in between us, she placed her mouth around one of the straws. I knelt down and put the other straw into my mouth.

We sat there sipping on our milkshakes so cheesily like they do in the movies.

She loved it.

We finished the milkshake and picked up the picnic.

"You ready?" I asked, reaching my arm down to help her stand up.

She took my hand and stood up.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I walked her to my car and opened the door for her. I put the duffle bag back into the back seat.

After I got back into the car, I turned the car around and started driving on the road we came on.

"Hey, aren't our houses that way?" She said, pointing to the right. At the end of the secret road, I turned left.

"Yeah, why?" I smirked.

"Aren't we going home?" She cocked her head to the right, and looked at me.

"Well after our date is over. But who said it's over?" I chuckled, grabbing her open lying hand from the center console.

"Not me!" She giggled. I brought her hand up to my face and kissed the back of it.

"Well okay, then we are now on our way to part two of our date!" I smiled, and continued on the road to where we were going.

It was kind of a far drive, but I think that it's worth it.

"You're not gonna tell me where we are going, huh?" She asked, looking out the windshield to the road before us. The headlights glistened on the ground.

"Of course not! The picnic was nothing compared to what we're doing next!" I laughed, and looked over at her.

"Oh really?" She said sarcastically.

"Oh, just you wait!" I winked and prodded at her side with my finger.

We laughed and talked for the whole rest of the ride. I sang along to every song that came onto the radio.

My anaconda don't

My anaconda don't

My anaconda don't

"My anaconda hates this song," She laughed, switching the radio station.

About twenty or so minutes after leaving the beach, I pulled into the lot of the second part of our date.

The parking lot had chunks of broken up asphalt scattered all around, and the yellow lines painted for parking spots were faded so much that you could barely see them. The street lights that stood near the building had burned out years ago, and the area was silent.

"What is this place?" Leah asked me, furrowing her brows.

"It's a surprise. That's the fun of it!" I reached around into the back seat, pulling out two head lamps.

"We have to wear head lamps...?" She laughed as I held one out to her.

"Hey at least yours is purple! Mine is just black." I adjusted the Velcro to fit my head, and put it on.