Chapter Twenty Eight

Nash's POV:

I flushed the toilet after finishing.

I turned around and grabbed the pair of swimming trunks that I'm borrowing from Cameron, and stepped into them.

I washed my hands in the sink before exiting his bathroom.

I can't believe I just did that.

I don't think I've ever felt more disgusted with myself before.

I just got off to my best friend's girlfriend...

Oh god Nash. What is wrong with you!?

I dried my hands on the towel that was sitting on the bathroom counter, and I turned the knob to let myself out of the bathroom. I set my clothes on the end of Cameron's bed, and went back downstairs. I took a drink of the water I had left on his kitchen counter before heading out to the back yard.

I walked out the back door to see Cameron and Leah already in the pool. Leah was on Cameron's shoulders, and he was wading through the water.

Why do I like her? She's so cute with Cameron.

I started to feel nauseous at the thought what I had just done up in Cameron's bathroom. I gulped down the lump in my throat, and walked over to the pool like nothing was wrong.

"Nash!" They both screamed. Cameron put Leah into the water and they both swam over to the side of the pool to greet me.

"Hey guys!" I said back, and walked over to where they were.

Oh god I hope I didn't take too long...

They were now up against the wall of the pool, Cameron wrapped around Leah's waist.

It kind of stings a little to see her so happy with him.

I am so happy for Cameron, though. It's very rare for him to actually be happy in a relationship, and with Leah... I can tell that he really is happy.

I feel guilty for feeling jealous.

Damn it. I just admitted that I'm jealous.

I ran over to the deep end of the pool and dove in. I didn't want to take the time tip toeing my way in, cringing at the cold.

The weather in Chino Hills is perfect today. No clouds in sight, no breezes. Just a solid temperature of 79º and clear skies all day.

"I'm going to turn on the stereo," Cameron said once I popped my head up out of the water.

He went to the stairs in the pool and walked over to his towel. He quickly dried himself off, and walked into the outdoor changing room. There was a bathroom in there too. He turned on the stereo, and you'd never guess what he turned on.

5 Seconds Of Summer.

"Again Cam?" Leah laughed after asking.

"They're my favorite, okay!?" He said defensively.

I laughed at him.

"A boy band is your favorite?" I teased him.

"Shut up Nash!" He laughed.

I felt a strange feeling in my stomach as I heard the lyrics booming through the back yard.

♫ I'm coming because I need to find you,

Is there anybody there who can rescue somebody like me,

'Cause I'm just waiting for somebody like you,