Chapter Thirty Nine

Harley's POV:

"I have also come to the conclusion that she may have been raped. The bruises on her inner thighs and her fractured ribs lead me to believe so."

Although unconscious, I heard every word that Doctor Watson had said.

And now they know.

Doctor Watson had examined my condition, and with doing so, he uncovered my biggest secret.

I lie motionless in the hospital bed, the only sounds that could be heard were the soft sobs of Leah in the corner, and the steady beeping of my heart monitor.

Unconscious, self conscious, afraid.

My eyes were shut tight, and my hand was being grasped by a very confused Nash.

I never thought that anybody would find out.

I lie silently, hoping desperately never to wake up. I knew that the second my eyelids fluttered open, I would be bombarded with questions.

Bombarded by questions that I don't want to answer.

Bombarded with questions about last night, questions about the bruises, questions about the cracked ribs... All of which very emotional, and personal.

The answer to all of these questions all link to one thing. The one thing I wish so desperately to forget. The one thing I can never escape from. 

Hayden.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leah's POV:

The second that the doctor threw the R-word into his sentence, I started to feel sick. Even the thought of rape makes me feel sick. Especially when it involves my best friend.

I couldn't even think of it. Who would do this? Who did this?

After Doctor Watson left the room, Nash and I were silent. Nash ran over to her like it was the last thing he was ever going to do in his life. I sat back down in the corner, and I began to cry.

All of this news was just too much to take in. Too much to process.

It hurt to process.

I sat awhile, thinking of whether or not anybody had contacted Harley's family. I figured that they probably had, but then again it is past noon and none of them have shown up. I decided that I should go and ask one of the nurses, so I slid out of the room. I walked down the long hall that Nash and I had come through to find Harley's room.

"Excuse me, nurse?" I asked very shakily.

"Yes miss? Is there a problem?" She looked up from the computer she was typing on.

I stood there awkwardly, shifting my feet.

"No, there isn't a problem. But I was just wondering if anybody has contacted the parents of Harley Keaton?" I tapped my nails on the desk that was before me.

"Let me look through the records, I'll let you know." The lady turned back to her computer and began clicking around with her mouse.

After a minute or two of silence, she looked back to me.

"Why yes, it appears that the family of Miss Keaton have been contacted. Is that all, sweetie?" She asked me, a smile showing on her face.

I shook my head, and mouthed the words, "Thank you," and walked away as she nodded.