Chapter Forty Four

Nash's POV:

"I'm in love with you, Leah." 

I heard the words escape my lips. 

Did I really just say that out loud?

I had admitted to myself a while ago that I have let myself fall for Leah. I have let myself fall for my best friend's girlfriend. I don't want to be in love with Cameron's girlfriend, so I don't know why I just said that.

Leah sat there next to me, speechless. Her eyes grew wide, and her lips pursed together.

Why would I tell her that? God I'm an idiot.

I have been trying to substitute my feeling for Leah by telling myself to feel that way towards Harley.

But I just can't.

Leah opened her mouth as if she were going to say something, but she quickly closed it.

I sat there in silence, hoping and praying that I didn't just ruin not only my friendship with Leah, but my friendship with Cameron.

"Nash," Leah finally broke the silence. 

GULP. I swallowed hard, in fear of what she might say next.

All of the sudden, my fears exploded. In a split second, all of my fears and worries didn't matter anymore.

They vanished the second that Leah leaned in and kissed me. 

As it was happening, it looked like everything was going in slow motion.

I kissed her back. I kissed her like I had never kissed any other girl before.

I am so in love with her.

We lied back against the headboard of my bed, our lips still moving together in perfect harmony. This is the kind of bliss that makes me wonder how I could ever get over her.

I pulled away a few minutes later, Leah trying to catch her breath.

"I thought that you said that we can't do this because you're dating Cam-" I was cut off by Leah pulling me back down and kissing me again.

I guess it doesn't matter?

I kissed her for several more minutes before pulling away. 

Kissing Leah was the best feeling I have ever had in my entire life. 

I kissed her with all I had in me, but I couldn't help but pull away.

"Leah," I ran my fingers through her hair. "What about Cameron?"

I wanted so badly to pull her in again, but I had to control the urge this time.

"Nash, I'm sorry. You're right," Leah bit her lip and looked to the floor. "We can't do this. I'm with Cameron."

Although kissing Leah was like satisfying every craving I have ever had in my life, I was glad to hear her say that.

But on the other hand...

I wanted her to say that she would break up with Cameron so that she and I could be together.

Don't be stupid, Nash. She loves him. She's not just going to leave him for you.

"I can take you home if you want," I said, hoping that she didn't want me to.

Leah looked up at me and rested her back against the headboard. 

"I don't want to leave just yet." She smiled, and rested her hand on my knee.

What is she doing? Why did she kiss me?