Chapter Fifty

Leah's POV:

"I still love you, Leah." Nash had turned to face me, and a silent bomb had just been dropped.

I let his words linger in the air for a moment before I gained enough courage to speak.

"I love you too," The second those three words escaped my lips, a swarm of black butterflies erupted in my stomach.

Did I just say that?

I hadn't admitted it to myself, but I think that I am in love with Nash. I am still head over heels for Cameron, but sneaking around with Nash gave me this desirable sense of danger.

Nash gives me feelings that I have never experienced before. He's something new, and he's something different.

"You do!?" Nash finally answered after a brief moment of silence. I must have caught him off guard.

I pursed my lips and thought to myself. I thought to myself about how I was feeling.

"I love you, Nash." I said again, reassuring him that he had heard me correctly.

All of the sudden, Nash's jaw dropped to the floor and his eyes grew wide. A sparkle lit up in his eyes that I had only seen once before. This sparkle showed itself to me the very first day that I met him.

Nash stuttered a moment, trying to find the right words to say.

"W-What about Ca-Cameron?" He asked me, a look of fear and bliss mixed together spread across his face.

Shit. I hadn't even taken Cameron into consideration.

My eyes then grew wide, and my head began spinning. Through all of this, I had forgotten all about Cameron.

"Leah?" Nash's voice was laced with concern.

Suddenly the urge to vomit came over me. I was purely disgusted with myself.

How could I do this to Cameron? How did I let this happen?

I began to gag and heave before excusing myself from Nash's bed and running to his bathroom.

What if Cameron finds out?

If I was having a hard time lying to Cameron about kissing Nash, my two worlds were surely going to collide. I started to throw up, sickening myself at the thought of what I had let myself become.

How can I be in love with Cameron and Nash at the same time?

I spat mouthful after mouthful of bile and stomach acid into the bowl of Nash's toilet. My mind was whirling with thoughts that utterly disgusted me.

I have become my father.

I have been unfaithful to my one true love. I have taken all of the trust and longing that has been built up over these past five months and I have thrown it all down the drain.

I sat up, vomit traces in my hair. I cried to myself as I realized that the love that I shared with Cameron sat in the depths of the sewers, raw sewage splattered all over the trust that he had for me.

I can't let him find out about this.

"Leah, are you okay?" Nash called to me from his bedroom.

I puked again, trying to calm down enough to answer him. He realized that I was not okay and stormed into the bathroom. My head hung into the bowl of the toilet, and the room reeked of vomit.

"Are you sick?" He asked me, kneeling beside me, holding my hair so that it wouldn't dip into the water.

I shook my head 'no' before bowing my head to vomit again. He rubbed my back and repeated over and over that everything was going to be alright.

After emptying all of the contents of my stomach into the porcelain toilet bowl, I stood up and wiped my mouth.

"Cameron can never know," I said shakily, fear and paranoia filling my brain.

"I know, Leah. He won't." He took my hand and helped me back into his room, guiding me to his bed.

I closed my eyes tightly and inhaled deeply, shaking all of my worries into the open. I exhaled smoothly before opening my eyes. I looked around Nash's bedroom, and I realized that the door was wide open.

"Nash, did you go out of your room while I was in the bathroom?" I asked, pointing to the door.

His face scrunched into a confused glare. He looked to the open door, and his eyes grew wide.

"No, I hadn't even left my bed since you had arrived until I got up to check on you in there," My stomach dropped.

How long has it been open like that?

"I shut that door all the way when I came in here," I held my breath. "Who opened it?"

I watched as Nash's face turned from confusion to fear. Neither of us had opened that door, and neither of us knew how long it had been ajar.

"What if someone saw us?" I panicked, tightening my fingers around the blanket that was on the bed.

Nash's eyes turned glossy, and he looked like he was about to cry.

"Nash?" I asked, trying to keep myself from hyperventilating.

Who saw us?

Nash held his index finger out to me. He looked over his shoulder as he walked down the hall to peer down the stairs.

I sat on his bed alone, anxious of what he would come back and tell me.

Just then, I heard his footsteps coming back down the hall. He entered his room, and a look of relief spread over his face.

"Hayes is in the same spot that he has been in since I woke up this morning, same position and everything. Skylynn is asleep in her bed, and my mom is reading on her kindle in the living room." Nash reassured me.

"I don't think anyone saw us," He half smiled, and I managed to do the same.

"Let's go get some water," He said, holding his arm out to me. I took his hand and he helped me up off of the bed.

We walked downstairs after fixing ourselves up a little. I brushed the vomit out of my hair and swished a little bit of mouthwash.

We walked down the stairs into the kitchen, opening up the fridge.

"Nash," Hayes called from the couch in the living room, pausing his football game.

Nash backed away from the fridge, setting both bottles of water onto the counter. He walked around the corner to greet Hayes.

"What, bro?" He asked, raising one eyebrow.

I stood in the center of the kitchen, listening to what Hayes was about to tell Nash.

"Why did Cameron run out of here so fast?" He asked, complete confusion in his voice.

Cameron?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Well we are officially coming close to the ending of this book.

A few more chapters, and it'll be over.

And then you guys can wait for the sequel! (;