Chapter Thirty Eight

Harley's POV:

"Is she alright?" I heard Leah's voice enter the room. I was barely regaining consciousness when I heard the creak of the heavy hospital door opening.

"I hope so." I heard another voice following after Leah's.

But this voice was masculine, and rather deep. I couldn't tell who this voice belonged to due to my dizziness, and because of how low he was speaking.

"Harley?" His voice drew closer, and I now knew exactly who was in my room accompanying Leah.

Nash.

I tried to open my eyes, but I was too tired. It was too difficult. I lay in the hospital bed, motionless.

"Harley, can you hear me?" Nash spoke to me again. I wanted desperately to open my eyes, but it was just too hard.

Just then, I felt someone take hold of my hand.

"Do you think she can feel me?" His voice got a little more distant, and I could tell that his question was not directed at me.

"I'm not sure." Leah answered his question. I really wish there was a way for me to announce my presence. I wish there were a way for me to indicate that I could hear them.

If I can't open my eyes to see them, maybe I can squeeze his hand?

I heard a soft pat coming from the corner of the room. Someone must have sat down.

"Harley, I hope that you're okay." Nash sat down on a wooden chair beside my hospital bed.

How do I let him know?

"Please be okay. I feel like this is my fault, and I wish that there was a way that I could make this all up to you." I felt Nash's finger brush a loose strand of hair off of my face. "I don't know what that way is just yet, but I will make it up to you Harley."

If I were awake, I'd be bawling.

"I'm so sorry that you ended up here. I really am. And I will make this up to you. I promise you that I will." I know that he was getting emotional. He was crouched down close to me, and both of his hands were clasped around mine.

"I will do whatever I have to do to make you happy, Harley. I will do anything, because you're perfect and you deserve the world."

Is he actually saying these things to me, or am I just having a crazy dream?

"You deserve the world,"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leah's POV:

Nash and I followed the directions that the lady at the front desk had given us. We arrived at her room, and walked right in. We didn't even bother to knock.

Harley lied in her bed in the corner of the room. She was so still that she almost looked dead. There were IVs and oxygen cords all over the place. She had an IV in her left hand, and one in her right elbow, She had the oxygen cords up her nose, and the machine beeped periodically.

Since Nash drove us here, and since Nash bought me breakfast... I decided to just take a seat in the corner and let him have his time with her.

"Is she alright?" I asked, squatting down to sit in the chair.

"I hope so." He walked over closer to her, and spoke her name.

After a moment or two of looking at her, he asked me a question that I did not have an answer to.