Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Lucknow, India

3 Years and 3 Months ago

Guptas house

>>Come on Payal, get up!<<

Garima hurried through the house. She needed to prepare her husband's clothes for his work and take care of her daughter Payal which obviously couldn't stood up on her own. Thank God there was Khushi who helped out with the breakfast.

Whenever Garima thought about Khushi, there was a soft and loving smile on her lips. Payal walked slowly to the breakfast table and started to eat. Her mother was now really upset with her, because of her childish behavior. First she didn't manage to get up on the right time and now she just started breakfast without even offering some her.

Khushi was so different to her sister Payal. No matter what Garima and her husband Shashi needed, Khushi knew it before it was said. She had her eyes everywhere, trying hard to fulfill everyone's wishes. Too bad that she wasn't their real child! Everyone could need such loving and caring daughter, like Khushi.

At first Garime was very angry with Shashi when he brought small Khushi into their home. What was the need for one more mouth to feed when you don't have much to offer to your one and only, real daughter? Khushi was eight years old and very scared on her first days in the house. She was extremely shy and silent, as she feared that her new family wouldn't like her if she make some mistakes.

And even Khushi was nearly perfect, Garima was still angry at her husband. This didn't change in the next ten years. Her accusations were always the same. Why didn't he brought a boy? Why a girl? Why a child at all?

And now they have to face the problems because of his decisions. Especially the same problems which parents have when they have girls.

Yesterday, they have to talk to Payal because her wedding have been called off, from the groom and his family. They wanted to have too much money from Payal's family and Gupta's could never afford the amount of dowry. That's why Payal's fiancé called the wedding off and put Gupta's in front of their friends and neighbors to shame as soon the word about cancelled wedding will be spread.

Explaining this to Payal was the heaviest think what they have to do in their entire life as parents. They expected Payal not to understand why they have to refuse to pay the dowry and this is how it came, when they tried to explain the situation to her. Her reaction was horrible and her whole hate was directed to her sister Khushi.

Payal was busy eating her breakfast and ignored everyone around.

>>Payal, you could really help me before eathing anything. Then we can breakfast all together.<<, complained Garima to her daughter.

Payal looked with her arrogant eyes to Garima and replied sarcastic...>>Why should I wait? You can breakfast with your favorite daughter. Oh, wait. I have an amazing idea, mother. Maybe I should go and live on the streets. And then some family found me and give me more love than to their own children. How about that?<<

>>Payal! Stop it!<< Garima spoke in angry tone to her.

>>What?<<, Payal played innocent and looked around, acting as she was looking for someone.

>>Where is she? Your princess? You must be missing her, mother?<<

>>Enough Payal. Enough.<<