Chapter 25

Chapter 25

>>Khushi?!<<, Arnav shouted, >>Khushiii?!<< He walked from kitchen to living room, checking all rooms in the first floor but didn't find her anywhere. He walked back up to the second floor and checked the bedroom again. This time he checked also the poolside and big terrace, but Khushi wasn't there too. Arnav cursed under his breath, eyes wide as he realized that she wasn't inside the condo anymore. But then, he got the idea that she could be with Lavanya and walked downstairs to guestrooms and knocked. It was still early in the morning but he doesn't care. All he wanted is Khushi back, in his room, in his arms.

Lavanya opened the room and looked sleepy, still dressed in her pajama.

>>Lavanya, is Khushi here?<<

Lavanya looked down, her hands fumbled on the bathrobe to close it. Her eyes were still covered with sleep while she fought for more concentration to answer ASR's question. She was tiered so tiered, and she was definitive not a morning person. How in the world people manage to stand up that early in the morning and do anything. She couldn't even dress properly, being so sleepy, she could sleep standing on her feet.

All this wasn't noticed form Arnav, whose eyes searched for Khushi behind Lavanya.

>>No, Sir she is not here.<< Lavanya managed to say even she just wanted her boss gone.

*

As next he knocked on Akash's room and asked the same question but this time his eyes were cold and checked Akash's every reaction. Arnav was never a jealous person. Never, till he met Khushi. Since then he learned some sides on himself that he didn't like but also couldn't control even if he wanted. The thought that Khushi could be in Akash's room scared and ashamed at the same time. Scared for losing Khushi and ashamed because the thought of her being with his employee, crossed his mind. It was disgusting to think so low of her, but still, the thoughts were there. Arnav wanted to forget the past and move on but then his mind took control and he felt the memories of past coming through, removing his common sense.

>>No, Mr. ASR she is not here. Is something wrong?.<<

Akash seemed very concerned and that pissed Arnav off too. Jealousy was something powerful and Arnav felt how hard it was to fight this animalistic feeling of owning someone.

>>What do you think why I am standing here and knocking on your door, dammit?<<

Arnav spoke, his voice clearly showing him losing patience

>>My wife is gone and I don't know where,<< and I am jealous to the core, by the smallest thought that she could be in your room. He ended his sentence silent in his head. He didn't want to be rude to Akash but his feelings controlled him. Akash's nature was to stay calm in the worst situation. Even he is very nervous, he is still calmer than others who are in the same situation.

>>I've got an idea. Give me few minutes.<<

Arnav walked back to his room and dressed himself. He didn't have time to wait for Akash to tell him what kind of idea he got. Or wait for him in general. When did he become so lax, he asked himself again and again. He didn't even think on the possibility that Khushi could walk out. Leave him alone behind. He was happy to have Khushi back, that he ignores the possibility of her leaving.

One was clear, he couldn't accept her decision. He needed Khushi by his side. He knew it the moment he saw her for the first time after three years. Akash knocked on the door, >>Sir, are you inside?<< Arnav was relieved that Akash did it on time and that he didn't have to leave without his employee. And he was glad to finally hear Akash's idea.