Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Lavanya stood outside the office and walked form one corner to other. She knew this all was bad idea, but what to do? It wasn't possible to find someone else in this short span of time and she didn't want to take the risk to lose ASR's offer. Especially, after she knew from Akash how important this job was for him.

She chewed on her thumb nail and tried to control her tension while Mr. Khundra gazed to door. Akash on the other side, didn't take his eyes from her. She could see how he observed her every movement and she knew that he knew her good enough to see on her body language how nervous she was, and that something was very wrong.

And yes, something was very wrong. Lavanya heard allready that the girl was dumb and crazy, but she hoped for some kind of wonder and now she realized there is no wonder for her and Akash. She failed in her plan. Her hope was that ASR saw the work of this girl, before he finds out about her handicap, because the girls embroidery was simply amazing and out of the world and then - this happened.

*

Lavanya turned around and looked to other direction trying hard to escape Akash's knowing gaze. She folded her palms together and prayed for the first time since long.

>>Dear god, please help me. Please. I promise to never lie again. Please, just let us get this job.<<

Her prayers were interrupted by Mr. Khundra who passed her and walked into one of the rooms on her right side. Lavanya turned back and saw how Akash started to walk to her. She prepared herself for the next confronation.

*

In this moment the door to Mr. Kundra's office opened and the girl ran out to the opposite direction. Akash wanted to walk back to office but to their surprise ASR ran behind the girl. They heard how he called her name. Lavanya and Akash exchange their glance but then ran behind them too.

Lavanya didn't have any second to ask herself what happened inside the office, because she saw how the girl got hurled by one of the machines, crashed against the next wall and landed on the floor. The voice of ASR resounded in the hall.

>>Khushiii!<<

She saw how he walked to the unmoving body and tried to awake the girl. He called her name again and again, and removed slowly and very carefuly her hair to touch her face. His every movement was so tender and caring that Lavanya forgot to breathe. The man who didn't like to be touched by anyone, touched now an unmoving girl so softly, like he is used to this touch thing, even he himself didn't like to be touched. Lavanya shook her head because her thoughts confused her.

His hands moved to his jacket and he sought for something, while Akash and Lavanya exchanged their glances again.

Finally ASR seemed to found whatever he was searching for and Lavanya saw that he took his smartphone out. She was not sure whom he was calling, but she suspected it must be the emergency. He tried to dial again and again but his fingers were too shaky to manage the keypad. He ran frustrated with his fingers through his hair and tried it again, while Akash took his own mobile to call someone.

Lavanya could only see how many of the employees gathered around them and watched what happen in the middle too. Then her eyes moved back to desperate ASR. She couldn't stop herself to wonder about the new insights about her new boss.

As much he was distanced to everyone, now he seemed to be someone totally different. Whoever this girl is, it was obvious to Lavanya that she was very important to ASR.