Chapter 16

Chapter 16

THREE YEARS LATER

He stood outside the house on the stairs and saw her inside the house, in the middle of the living room where he left her last time. Her long hair hung down and touched her elbows. She wore her red saree with his name on it and her hands buried deep into the material. How did he come back here in this place, this house? He looked around himself and saw only darkness. And still, this darkness felt safe, but the air inside the house was dangerous, aggressive and she stood in the middle. He didn't know why he felt the place she was in was dangerous, because when he looked to left and right, he saw only furniture and soft light that illuminated the room.

His eyes moved back to hers and he saw tears in them. Her skin was pale and her palm touched her empty neck. He knew what she was searching for and he looked down on himself and found it inside his closed palm.

Mangalsutra.

He looked again back to her and she spoke to him.

>>Don't you have a heart?<<

He walked one stair up in her direction. He could see her already clear enough but just to be closer, he took one more step.

She spoke again.

>>Where is your heart, Arnavji?<<

He walked few more steps till he was able to touch the window through he could see her but in the next moment, dark arms grasped her from behind and pulled her back into the darkness. He ran to get inside but the door closed in the moment he stood in front of the entrance and he could feel how his nose touched the cold material. He tried again and again to open the door, but whatever he tried, no matter how hard he pulled or pressured against it, it stayed closed.

He screamed again and again her name, but there was no reaction. Only silence.

And then when he thought he was alone and she finally gone, he heard her voice again.

>>Don't you have heart?<<

And he cried her name again, scream his answer out while he walked back to street to look up to the house in hope to see her.

>>No I don't have it!!! I don't have it, dammit!!! I have lost it!<<

He screamed again and again till his voice became weak and laid down on the ground to get some air because he couldn't breathe anymore. He could feel the firm ground under him, his finger touched the dry earth. When he realized the ground won't give anything away, he looked to the stars above and whispered.

>>You have it. You have my heart.<<

>>Do you hear me?! You have it!<<

He screamed again.

And then, when his breath calmed, when his voice became stronger again, when he felt tiredness coming up, he heard a soft noise coming from inside the house.

He stood up and looked at the door that got slowly opened He could see through the door and saw that the room was covered in blood. The same room which was full of furniture few minutes ago and illuminated through soft light, was now blood red. Something inside his chest told him, this was blood. Her blood. He started to run to door to get her out of there. To rescue her, to pull her out of danger.

>>KHUSHIII!<<

*

He awoke and looked around, trying hard to get some air in his lungs. His room was drenched in darkness and it took him few seconds till he realized where he was. It was his bedroom. His flat. No one was around and still he felt the nightmare in every cell of his body. Even he could see where he was, it seemed his soul stayed back in the dark place where he just was and it took him more than ten minutes to calm down and breathe normal.