Chapter 27

Chapter 27

After Arnav said, how much he wanted to hear her voice and gave her the promise to never disappoint her again, he walked back to his table and started to work on his laptop. Khushi was glad that he gave her free space and continued to give for the rest of the whole day.

Arnav broke the distance only when it was time for food and he obviously didn't want to let her do it, herself. It seemed he was making sure, she ate as much as possible and gave her, her meds right after the food. The rest was behind the fog, because after Khushi took her meds, she used to lay on the bed and fought against her tiredness. The fight went on, till Khushi couldn't resist the sleep and let herself fall into peaceful darkness.

And when she came back from her private safe heaven, Khushi didn't hear him shouting in his phone anymore, because Arnav obviously left the room whenever his phone vibrated. Few times when Khushi needed to use the bathroom, he followed her and waited outside. And every time, as soon she opened the bathroom door he took her in his arms and wore her back to bed.

Khushi didn't fought anymore against him for the whole rest of the day. She was tiered, but hoped to get her strength back for the next day where she planned to make Arnav's life much harder as he expected it would be. She didn't forget anything he did to her and won't for the rest of her life. But before she get her strength back and find something to make him feel miserable, something like juice in his shoes, she needed to sleep because the medicine was working it's best again, to pull her back into the darkness.

*

The fog was everywhere and Khushi walked through it, searching for the way out. She didn't call for help. The smell of ocean surrounded her and she could heard the waves hitting against the cliffs. The sound became louder and louder, and even the salty smell became stronger. Something pulled her in this direction. Something called her to follow the way. She couldn't turn to other side and walk somewhere else. It was simply impossible to turn around, because the pull was too strong. Khushi's eyes observed her surroundings while the panic threatened to overcome her calmness. There was nothing where she could hold herself and fight against the pull. All she saw was white fog.

She could feel the firm ground under her feet, but even this was not visible and hidden under the Fog. Khushi continued to walk and suddenly there was no ground under her. She fell down from the cliff. In the last second Khushi could hold herself on the rim, free ground under her. She tried, she really tried to hold herself, but slowly, slowly earth slipped out of her grip.

>>Arrrnnnaaavvv!<<

*

It was dark and Khushi awoke, feeling horribly thirsty and heated. Something pressed her deep inside the mattress and held her firm on the place. She turned her head to side and saw as first his shoulder. Arnav wore a black t-shirt and his arms were around her hip. His face buried in the pillow on which Khushi's head laid too. His leg between her legs and one of hers lay over his. All in all they were close to each other, their arms and legs entwined. For an outsider it probably seemed they were being very intimate, which of course wasn't true.

Arnav was heavy and her chest pained with every minute he continued to press her into the mattress. Every try to remove him away was in vain. She tried to remove his arm and remarked the difference to three years ago, when she touched his hard flesh now. She refused to look at him earlier, whenever she got the chance to see him in less clothes, so she didn't remark how bright he became. His shoulders were brighter. His biceps was muscular and hard. Yes his body changed in the last three years.