Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Khushi and Arnav spend whole day at the Temple. Arnav talked to Pandit and he checked their horoscopes for the perfect day, for their wedding. There was this short moment, where Khushi thought that the Pandit would say something negative about their horoscopes. Something like, they don't match with each other. She saw concern in Pandits eyes for this little moment where his gaze met hers, but after he moved his gaze to Arnav, he said, that the next day was the right one for their marriage.

It was quite a shock for Khushi to face her own wedding so soon. She thought it would take few days to organize everything and also Pandit's suggestion would be some other date and not the next day. Arnav must felt the same because suddenly he acted very nervous and it felt as he tried to send Khushi home. He still didn't knew why Khushi couldn't follow his wish and she wanted to keep it that way. There was no way, she would talk bad about her family but to enlighten Arnav she needed to tell him the truth. That's why she kept silent and just acted as she couldn't understand and see Arnav's hints.

After all her Amma won't like to see her early at home and Khushi didn't want to go somewhere else because neighbors could see her and talk. That's why the Temple was the safest place for her.

After a while Arnav gave up and they spend the day speaking about their future and dreaming how will it be to live together as a couple. He was very nice and handsome and Khushi asked herself, how it comes that someone so attractive and modern as Arnav could fell for a simple and traditional girl like her. From all girls in this world, he chose her. Was it destiny? Whenever this question crossed her mind, she remembered her Devi Meiya and felt the answer. It was a simple and honest, yes.

***

It was night when Khushi finally entered her home. Everyone was already sleeping and she took same place like last night to get some sleep. She already planned to leave early before anyone could see her and she upset through her presence her beloved family. Later in the night, some noise awaked her and she saw her Amma walking to kitchen. Khushi stood up and wanted to follow her, but she feared her Amma's anger.

And even she was afraid to talk to her mother, there was this weak moment, where she wanted to share every single experience of the last two weeks. She wanted to tell her Amma everything about Arnav. About the job. About everything that will come as soon as she earn enough money to support her family. She wanted to tell her about her dreams to remove all their problems and sorrows and give them back everything that they gave her.

With a big smile and deeply euphoric about the upcoming future, she ran to kitchen and was ready to share everything with her mother, when she stopped at the door, feeling her Amma's disgusted face.

>>Aap?! (You?!)<<

>>Amma...<<, just when Khushi wanted to start to tell everything, her mother didn't give her any chance to say anything.

>>Get out of my way!<<

>>Amma, can I talk to you?<<

Khushi tried to talk to her but her Amma wasn't ready for conversation.

>>Not now. I am tiered and I want you to leave tomorrow early in the morning. My sweet Payal was crying again today. I don't want you to give her tomorrow again reasons to be sad.<<

>>No, Amma I need to tell you something.<<

Khushi tried to tell her again about her plans but her Amma just didn't want to listen.