Chapter 76

Chapter 76

The rest of the day was silent. Khushi fought with her own demons, while Arnav fulfilled every wish of hers. He followed her like a shadow and became her silent support. The information he had given her, needed to be processed, but first, Khushi needed to take care of the factory and the workers there. She needed the distraction from everything that she found out and the best way to do so, was, to go to factory and check everything.

The reason why she choose to go to this place, was also, because Arnav should know that there are people who still needed him and the best way to let him know was to show him.

When they entered the building some women came and greeted them. She was amazed how they worked and kept everything tidy, while no one was there to lead them. The women tanked Arnav again for jobs and better work conditions.

Khushi saw how he acted, while all women surrounded him and talked. Arnav didn't answer. He showed how overwhelmed he was with all the praises and thanked everyone. Khushi realized how much he changed during the time without her.

Walking inside the office, Khushi ordered Arnav to take a place on his seat while she sat down on the couch. Her lips curved up remembering how they used to sit on the same places before she left him. It was weird to remember the past without any negative thought but also good to let go of the old poisonous feelings.

Khushi didn't know whether she was ready to let Arnav back inside her heart again. She was scared. Still scared to trust. But she knew, she couldn't leave him alone. He tried to kill himself and she knew if she leaves him alone one more time, he would try it again.

Her phone rang and she saw Mahendra's name was written on it. Khushi has bought the smartphone before she left so that her family could reach her without any problem. Manorama called her every hour or at least rang the phone. Khushi did the same. It was their secret way of communication. Manorama told her to ring whenever she thought of her and it happened that Manorama herself called her a few times in an hour.

It was totally weird that they didn't call or rang the phone in the last twenty-four hours but Khushi was thankful. It seemed her family knew Arnav and her very well, because they gave them time alone, they desperately needed.

Khushi smiled by picking up the phone.

>>Papa?<<

>>Hello, beta. How are you?<<

>>I am fine, papa. How are you?<<

Arnav looked up to see Khushi. He smiled and she saw how happy he was to hear the word papa from her.

>>I am fine, beta. We miss you. Is everything okay in Delhi?<<

Khushi wanted to tell them that everything was fine, but she was still not sure how the things would work out. She kept her statement short, so that her papa would think that everything was okay and would calm down.

>>Everything is okay, papa. How is Maa?<<

>>She is fine beta. A little concerned, but fine. Khushi do you need us in Delhi?<<

She wanted so badly to have them here, but Khushi needed some time alone with Arnav before she decide what she wanted. She will not hurry herself and her feelings. It was important to clear everything out, before she continues with her life.

>>No, Papa. It's okay. I am fine and I just need some time here.<<

>>Okay, beta. Call us when you need something. We are here. Don't hesitate to call me or your mother.<<