Chapter 74

Chapter 74

Khushi stood slowly up, her eyes unreadable but her face showed how tensed she was.

>>We need to talk Arnav. Do you need help, or can you manage to come out of the shower without my help.<<

Arnav nodded slowly.

>>No, I just felt dizzy a little bit, but I am okay. I will be out in a minute.<<

>>Good.<<

Khushi opened the door and walked out. She neither took a towel to dry herself nor took off her wet underwear. She was too much occupied with Arnav's words.

>>I will be waiting outside.<<

*

Arnav needed more than a minute to come out. Intentionally, He stayed inside the bathroom longer, because he was afraid of facing Khushi again. His palm started shaking again when he remembered how she wanted to kiss him and then her belly touched his skin.

People who haven't experienced the feeling of becoming a mother or father would not understand him, but those who have experienced the adventure of pregnancy and becoming parents would know how he felt.

Even though, he wasn't there in the last months, his thoughts and heart were with his wife and unborn child, every single second. He had to promise to stay away from both, but then, months later got the opportunity to touch his wife and his child. This was the biggest shock and the most amazing present he could ever get. It was the first time that Arnav touched the belly of his wife, even it wasn't with his hand, he could feel the connection to his unborn child.

He couldn't even describe to himself how he felt.

Opening the door, Arnav prepared himself for the upcoming conversation and was shocked when he heard the sound coming from outside.

*

Soft sobs filled the room and he found Khushi laying on the bed. She wasn't covered with the blanket so he could see how she touched her belly. Arnav was concerned about her well-being and climbed on the bed next to her.

>>Khushi? Khushi what happened? Why are you crying?<<

Khushi removed her tears and spoke while the sobs interrupted her every single time after she uttered a few words.

>>I can't feel him. I don't know why he doesn't want me to feel his movements. Maybe he doesn't want me as a mother. Maybe I am just not good enough.<<

>>Wait, wait, wait. What are you talking about? Is everything okay with the baby?<<

Khushi shook her head slightly.

>>No, nothing is okay. He doesn't like me. He hasn't moved since I became pregnant.<<

Arnav became silent and stopped moving. His head worked crazily to analyse every word of hers. Solutions run through his head and he tried to lift Khushi up in his arms when he decided which one was the right for them.

>>What are you doing?<<

Khushi asked through her tearful face.

>>I am going to take you to the hospital. They must know what should be done. Don't worry, I will take care of it. Your baby will be okay.<<

She stilled for a second and then burst out and cried louder.

>>Put me down! I don't want to go to the hospital. I visited enough doctors and they all said the same. Baby is okay, Mrs. Singh Raizada. Give him time to communicate with you.<<