Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Payal was modern dressed, her hair shorter and she wore make up, but Khushi recognized her very well. The time didn't do her any harm. Actually, she was beautiful. At the moment she saw Khushi, Payal started crying.

>>Khushi? I can't believe I finally found you. I have been trying to find you for three years and then I saw you on TV.<<

She walked to Khushi and pulled her into the hug.

>>I missed you so much sister. I couldn't believe that you left me. I am sorry for my words and our fights.<<

Khushi turned to Arnav, her face showed clearly how irritated she was. Arnav just observed Payal's every action and Khushi's reaction like a soldier who was ready to defend his family. He didn't like intruders and Payal was one for him. Still, he loved his wife and wanted her happy and that's why, he accepted Payal's presence.

Khushi shared short glance with Arnav and then turned back to Payal.

She didn't know what to say. She didn't know how to react. All the suppressed emotions were back. The wish for having her own family became stronger than ever, but could she just act as if nothing happened? Could Khushi ignore all the bad that happened in the past?

Khushi realized her position. Payal was hugging her while she formed her palms into fists and pressed them against her sides. She didn't respond the hug. She didn't move her arms up and hugged Payal back. She stood there like a statue. The coldness surrounded all around her and inside her heart.

She wanted to hide herself again. She wanted to run upstairs and hide herself from Payal.

From her past.

Then finally Khushi removed Payal's arms and ran back to her bedroom.

*

Arnav looked behind Khushi and felt the urgent need to follow her. He just wanted to climb up the stairs when Payal's voice stopped him.

>>Excuse me. I don't want to create any problems. My parents were very cruel to Khushi. If I had been there, I would have never allowed her to leave our family. I don't want to upset my sister. I am going to hotel and come back tomorrow again. By the way, do you know any good hotel here somewhere? But only hotels which are safe for girls.<<

Arnav sighed. He already turned around and listened. He didn't know what to do. What if Khushi becomes more upset after he let Payal leave? He didn't know if this could happen so he walked back to her.

>>Follow me.<<

She smiled and took her bag. Arnav didn't want to waste too much time, so he led her to the next room that has a bed and was free to use. He opened the door for her and waited on the side of the entry to let her enter. She wanted to pass him but then stopped. Their bodies nearly touched each other.

>>Can you show me the room, please?<<

Arnav looked inside ignoring her soft voice.

He pointed at the bed, still standing on the same place.

>>There is the bed.<<

Then he pointed at the other side of the room.

>>And there is the wardrobe.<<

His finger showed on the door inside the room.

>>And this door leads to your bathroom. You can stay here but don't leave your room till tomorrow. If you want something to eat, the kitchen is there.<<