Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Khushi walked downstairs and saw Payal smiling. To see Payal's face again brought so many memories back. Khushi didn't know what to draw a conclusion from Payal's presence here, but she didn't want to send her away. If Payal had been there that day when Arnav brought Khushi back, maybe she would have calmed her parents down. Maybe she would have spoken for her and protected her from her parent's anger?

Khushi didn't know what to think anymore and how to feel about Payal's presence.

She needed time to see and decide how to behave towards Payal and she was busy with her possible pregnancy. If Khushi was pregnant, than this would mean that she would leave Arnav very soon.

The thought alone created pain in Khushi's heart.

She didn't want to think so. She really didn't want to fell for Arnav again and that's why she needed to leave.

Payal immediately spoke as soon as Khushi walked the last step.

>>Hi.<<

Khushi knew that Arnav was standing behind her, but seeing Payal's face when she looked behind her confirmed his presence. A weird silence ruled between them all when Payal started talking.

>>Khushi. Sister. I understand it was a huge shock for you to see me and you are maybe angry with me, but I request you to give me a chance to spend time with you and explain some things.<<

Arnav placed one hand on Khushi's shoulder. It was a protective movement and Khushi must admit she felt protected and needed this touch, and this was the exact reason why she needed to leave soon. Too many feelings and too much hope can destroy her and that too beyond repair this time.

It was too much risk. Too dangerous for her heart and soul.

She smiled back to Payal, her eyes not giving away her struggle.

>>Let's have breakfast,<< came from behind. Arnav needed to work. Khushi thought about being together with Payal all the day and she admitted she was a little uncomfortable to be alone with her.

Payal turned around and all three walked to the table. It was good to get a few second to relax, but as soon as they sat both Payal and Arnav continued watching Khushi closely.

Payal didn't know that Khushi didn't want to talk to her and that she didn't have any intention to break her silence. Again, this awkward silence ruled between them. Arnav was not interested in talking to Payal and Payal looked as if she was thinking what to do next.

Khushi has known her sister since their childhood and she saw the changes in her. She was looking like a woman who has enough money. She was looking like successful in life. Khushi asked herself how her parents have been. Are they well? Payal is surely taking good care of them.

Khushi looked down on her plate and remarked the food on it. It looked like Arnav prepared it. After so many weeks, she knew him very well. The way he slept. The way he ate his food and what all he liked eating. There were so many things she discovered about him since he found her.

Looking down at the food, she realized again how dangerous it was to be with Arnav. She melted and this was not acceptable. It was too dangerous. She feared her own destruction and seeing the food prepared by him for her, made the whole situation more difficult. Khushi feared she would not be able to leave him.