Chapter 64

Chapter 64

Khushi was in her room, thinking about the days she has been spending with her new family. She was happy to be with them and enjoyed every second. There hasn't been any moment she felt truly alone nowadays. This was a huge difference to her life before. There was a time Khushi was so alone. She craved the connection to other people. She wanted her parents love. Wanted Payal's love. Then they forced her to spend more time outside of the house and the situation became more problematic.

Then Arnav entered her life and for a short span of time, Khushi became hopeful again. She didn't want to remember how it all ended, but the feeling of loneliness was something she couldn't stop from growing inside her heart.

Anjali called every day. She was already on her holiday, but during her last days in Lucknow before her vacation, she visited Khushi every single day. However, in spite of being miles away now, she continued calling her.

The situation between Mahendra uncle and Anjali was a little complicated but she was much comfortable with her aunt Manorama. They were close and talked a lot. Whenever uncle Mahendra walked into the room, Anjali became silent. She avoided looking in her uncle's eyes, but Khushi could see how much Mahendra loved Anjali.

Khushi wondered how easy it was to feel homely with this family and how easily she trusted them. It wasn't something she wanted from beginning and god knows she never wanted to be with some family together again. Last time was too traumatizing, but somehow this family, Arnav's family, became hers now. It was weird because she couldn't even imagine to be without them anymore.

Uncle Mahendra taught Khushi how to lead a company and she was still learning, but he never acted as if she was a stranger or not worth being here. He gave her full rights of this place. It was same with Manorama as well. She gave Khushi full rights over her house. In fact, Khushi felt like she was in her own home and not the home of Singh Raizada family.

Khushi remarked changes on herself. She wasn't the simple girl, even though she felt the simplicity would always be part of her character. The difference now was, that her new family taught her self-respect and her own worth.

Khushi was much stronger and with every day, her strength became bigger and bigger.

The days were perfect, while the nights were full of ocean. The pull was immense and Khushi found herself always back on the same place. One moment she lay on the bed and as soon as Khushi closed her eyes, she was back on the cliff. If wasn't an unpleasant or scary dream. No, it was more peaceful to be there, near the ocean. The waves turned bigger and bigger. The sound of water splashing against the stones sounded like a lullaby. The wind was strong, but not uncomfortable. It was more pleasant and felt like a warm touch of someone.

She spent her whole time in that place. Watching, listening, speaking. It calmed her to be there. Sometimes Khushi lay down and touched her belly, her face directed to the moon and ocean. She closed her eyes and listened to the waves. They talked to her. Sometimes Khushi thought she heard sobs or felt drops of water on her skin, but couldn't prove it was real because in the next second, Khushi was back in her new reality. The new home and her new family.

*

The moment she opened her eyes again she was back in her room. The sun lightened the whole room and all she could do was to cry because she wanted to go back to her ocean. In the beginning she closed her eyes and tried, but no matter what Khushi did she wasn't able to drift back into her soothing dream.