Chapter 51

Chapter 51

Khushi took her bag and wanted to leave, when Arnav stopped her and gave her, her box with needles and threads. No words were exchanged while they walked to the door. When they reached the door, he placed his hand on the doorknob, his eyes directed on it. It was clear that Arnav didn't want to open the door and let her leave him. Khushi saw how he fought with himself and between the want to hold her back and to respect her decision.

When she thought he wouldn't let her go, he opened the door and spoke.

>>One last request, please.<<

Khushi actually didn't want to give him this, because she didn't want to be held back. She made her decision already and wanted to leave as soon as possible, but when Arnav spoke her heart surprised her by beating faster and holding her back.

>>It's just a small one, I promise. You will not see me till my time comes to leave this world. I promise I will not bother you with my presence, but I request you to allow me to breathe my last breath near you. With your permission I want to die at your feet.<<

Khushi saw how hard Arnav gulped and looked at her still flat belly.

>>When you walk through this door and take our child with you, it will become yours and only yours. I will not be named, nor my name would be written anywhere if you want so, just fulfil this one last wish of mine. If our child asks who I am, just tell him or her, that I am no one.<<

>>This is all I am asking for, Khushi. Please fulfil my request.<<

Finally, Arnav's eyes moved slowly up and Khushi saw big tears leaving his eyes. This was the moment she started trembling and fought against her own tears. She fought with her guilt and bad feeling that something scary and dark would come, if she leaves him.

But then again, the past was still there and threatened to crash her. The need to run and leave was so strong, that she moved her head and nodded, just to end the situation and go, before she find it impossible to do this step. Finally Khushi find her strength and nodded. She ignored how her heart started beating faster with the thought of seeing Arnav again. Her inner voice told her it this was insane and crazy to leave him. The same voice told her to forgive him and stay together, but the problem was the lack of trust. It was pure self-defence. Khushi needed to protect her soul from being hurt again and dying like she have to see it once in the past.

She was simply afraid to die again the same death that she did three years ago.

Khushi walked through the door and passed Arnav while doing so. She felt his eyes on her back when she walked away for the final time.

She didn't turn around and continued walking till she reached Anjali, Payal and Shiyam. It was weird how she still didn't want to talk, but she knew she needed to say something so she did even she didn't want to.

>>I am leaving.<<

All of them bombarded her with questions but she just repeated her short sentence.

>>I am leaving.<<

Anjali and Shiyam discussed about Arnav. Anjali didn't want to talk to him and just took Khushi with them. Shiyam tried to convince her to talk with her brother. Payal was silent and observed Khushi. She didn't talk a lot but Khushi felt her gaze on herself.

Khushi didn't think about what to do when she left Arnav's place. She didn't took any money with herself, except the few notes in her bag. She didn't even took clothes. It was not important, because she has already left her home once without anything and survived. She was sure, she would survive again.