Chapter 58

Chapter 58

Mahendra insisted to take Khushi with him to the company. She didn't say no, like she intended to keep her distance to him and his wife. Something told her to go with him. Actually she was pretty surprised about his wish. Mahendra Singh Raizada was nice and she felt it was right to go with him. Manorama kept Lavanya with her at home, because she needed help in preparing some special food for Khushi. That was her statement when Khushi said that uncle Mahendra wanted her to go with him.

On the way Khushi looked out of the window and enjoyed the drive. She didn't think about her dark past when they drove through the streets where she has been once. She wasn't sad or hurt. She didn't feel any depression anymore.

Nothing.

Mahendra Uncle was silent and didn't ask anything on the way and that was good for her. The moment he parked, Khushi allowed herself to observe her surrounding but this time with more interest into her surrounding. The building where they parked the car in front, was huge, new and modern looking. The entrance was bright and two securities stood there, looking at her. Her eyes moved up and she read two big letters.

SR

>>That mean Singh Raizada.<<

Mahendra's voice reached her ears and she looked to side. Khushi saw his old friendly face. He smiled politely as he remembered something funny.

>>When I opened this building, I was pretty young. So young that I didn't came up with any intelligent and unique name, so I just chose the two first letters of my surname.

Come.<<

He walked to the door and waited there for her to follow him. From the moment Khushi walked through the entrance, she couldn't stop wondering. Everything inside the building was expensive and modern. The people walked quickly from one place to other and it seemed they were very busy.

She followed Mahendra uncle further into the building and remarked few eyes curiously glued her. She felt little uncomfortable, but decided to ignore this feeling and boring eyes from all of these strangers. Uncle Mahendra walked inside the elevator and waited for her to follow him, too.

As soon as they reached the last floor, the door opened and one woman behind one big counter stood slowly up.

>>Mr. Singh Raizada?<<

>>Hello, Miss Patel.<<

He walked to a big door and opened it.

>>We need coffee and...<<, he turned around to Khushi, >>...Orange juice or something else?<<

Khushi answered, >>Orange juice sounds good,<< and couldn't believe she used her voice so easily again.

Walking inside the next room she continued wondering why she felt so easy to speak with Mahendra uncle and aunty Manorama. It was like she has known them for years or maybe during her whole lifetime. She felt secure and protected and that happened only in a few hours she spent with them.

She knew how dangerous this was and everything told her to be careful, but her voice didn't listen to her. It did, what it wanted, and it wanted to speak with Mahendra and Manorama.

Mahendra moved a chair and waited for her to take place. After she did, he took place on the other side of the desk and opened his suitcase. Taking few papers out, he spoke.

>>I called you to the office because I need to talk to you about a few things according to the company and...<< he stopped talking as he thought about his next words.