Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Arnav walked out from the office to speak with his uncle Mahendra Singh Raizada. Usualy they talk daily, but since Arnav came to Delhi, his thoughts were occupied with Khushi. Looking back it was unbelievably how the relationship between him and his uncle enveloped in the last three year. It started everything with Arnav taking money from Mahendra who wanted Arnav back in his life. Arnav didn't have any other option then to agree to his uncles plan to be part of the family again. It took time for Arnav to open up to his uncle after he borrowed money from him, but slowly, slowly Mahendra became the closest person to him.

First Arnav fought against Mahendra, but then his uncle got through his walls and Arnav told him everything that he tried to keep hidden. The things were not well between them before, because Arnav couldn't forgive his uncle that he showed understanding for Arnav's father. He couldn't understand why Mahendra understood his dad and tried to bring Anjali and Arnav together with him after their mother died.

On the day Arnav asked for money, Mahendra agreed under one condition and the condition was, that Arnav worked for him and took care of family business. SR was nothing else than the short form of Singh Raizada and it was in family hands since his grandparents started the whole business with their own money and hard work.

Since Arnav's grandparents died his uncle took care of it and per family tradition, everything should go to male offspring of Mahendra Singh Raizada. Unfortunately Manorama Singh Raizada was not able to become children and uncle saw the best way to keep the business in family, by giving everything to his nephew Arnav.

*

In the last three years his uncle and especially his aunt Manorama, became very close to Arnav. Manorama was like his own mother and taught him so much in the past that his whole sight on life in general, changed.

Back then, before uncle and aunty decided to marry, his aunt Manorama worked in Singh Raizada's house. She came from very poor family and was the maid who was responsible for the Singh Raizada's food. She fell in love with uncle Mahendra from the moment she saw him. The love then, was not much important when it came to marriages and aunty knew it. She knew there was not a single chance for them to become lovers, so she showed her hidden feelings, through her food that she prepared for Mahendra.

*

Well, she wasn't the only one who fell in love and soon their secret love came out. Uncle Mahendra's father, Arnav's grandfather was hell angry and banned both from family. As reaction to his son's fraud, Arnav's grandfather married his daughter, Arnav's mother, to his business partner's son and continued to live without uncle Mahendra and Manorama. The time came when Arnav's mother killed herself and short after this, Arnav's grandmother died, too. Few years after her death, Arnav's grandfather felt his time was coming too and he didn't want to include Arnav's dad into the family business. He blamed Arnav's dad for the loss of his daughter and couldn't forgive himself for his decisions, which took him his beloved daughter away. Arnav was too small to take over the family business, so that the only person who could take this position, was uncle Mahendra.

Arnav's grandfather called him and everything else was history.

*

After uncle Mahendra started to work at SR, he also created a stable relation to Arnac's father. Mahendra still showed understanding for Arnav's father even he knew that he was responsible for his sister's death. Anjali and Arnav couldn't understand how their uncle could do this. To understand the person who pushed his own sister into the suicide, was a huge thing. And while Anjali made her peace with their friendship, Arnav couldn't forget and forgive.